LegacyGT.com

Quick opinions on two tires!!

GEE-OTTO

My noisy, hard but rather well performing Nexen CP641 have been on for 61K miles and still have life. I have ben looking around and two tires caught my eye

1. Conti DWS 215/50/17

2.FireHawk Wide Oval 215/50/17

Stock struts/shocks/wheels, would 215 be a useful increase over the 205 ? If you have run the wide oval any feedback would be great! Not a track car or racer, just want a quiet A/S tire (anything less noisy than the CP641)

Sorry I cant provide any feedback for the tires you listed, but I researched quiet tires a while back and went with General Altimax HP 225/45 on stock wheels. I haven't driven them in snow or ice yet, but they are quiet and handle rain quite well. Inexpensive also.

Just a suggestion!

*edit* I can snap a couple photos if ya wanna see them.

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

I think you should consider 205/50R17, 215/45R17 or 225/45R17.

I hope you mean Wide Oval AS and not Wide Oval Indy.

If I were buying AS tires I would go with Eagle GT, Eagle F1 Asymm AS, Potenza RE970 or Pilot Sport AS Plus. Just my 2c.

Krzys

PS As you might guess I prefer high performance all seasons.

Sorry I cant provide any feedback for the tires you listed, but I researched quiet tires a while back and went with General Altimax HP 225/45 on stock wheels. I haven't driven them in snow or ice yet, but they are quiet and handle rain quite well. Inexpensive also.

Just a suggestion!

*edit* I can snap a couple photos if ya wanna see them.

Pic would be great!!

• 4 weeks later...
Funny the above guy posted b/c thats what im going with Conti DWS 225/45/17. While i can get a cheaper decent tire im just going to pay a tad bit extra for a awesome tire that wont "drive" me crazy. :cool:

So long story but the Conti's didnt work out went with the Nexen N7000's :eek::eek::eek:;):):wub::wub::wub:

Yeah they are GREAT!

Archived