LegacyGT.com

help with wheel size!!

evanisonfire

so ive decided to get a new set of rims for my car. ive decided to go with the XXR 530, i was thinking of getting the 18" x 8.75" +35. my question is will this rims rize rit with OEM ride height? also what is the widest rubber i would be able to put without clearance issues?

245/40 tires will rub, probably even with rolled rear fenders (mine do). With an 8.75" width and +35 offset, 235 tires might rub too.
MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

[threadjack]^^ Suspension/fender mods?

I've got 18x8.5 +45 with 245/40 tires and rolled fenders and mine still rub with rear seat passengers.[\threadjack]

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

If you have coils you have no worries about clearing OEM strut housings.

225/40s will clear with a ton of space, I have 18x8.5 +45 on konis + swifts -1.5 front and -1.0 rear camber.

@Dbl_D718 what suspension? if you're on coils its either too low, over weight capacity, too soft of a setting, or.... maybe a bad strut?

I'm on the factory spec.B suspension. My guess is the rubbing is because of saggy-butt syndrome. I've got the rear camber kit ordered and I'll try -1.0* of camber until next spring when I can afford new struts/springs.

I am almost certain that your choice of 530's will not fit with the stock spring/strut combo installed.

I was telling myself "thank god I put these coilovers on before I put these wheels on" mainly because there was no room in the wheel well.

I think there are websites out there that can show you if it will have clearance issues or not.

I would let you put one of my wheels on if you were local.

South Florida by any chance?

As for rubber, I'm running 235/40 and I am pretty low I guess. Had to roll and pull fenders.

IF the wheels actually do fit with stock suspension, I think you should be fine for a pretty meaty tire since suspension travel won't be your enemy. It will look pretty weird if you ask me.

They are pretty wide, and before I pulled the fronts, they stuck out quite a bit.

Archived