LegacyGT.com

Look what I towed home today..

A cruck! Its a 92 legacy wagon that has been converted to awd & lifted on fozzy suspension. Cost me a whopping $400 and two 6 packs of beer. It runs and drives but needs both rear brake lines replaced before its road worthy. It has a 4 point roll bar that the cab is currently attached to; the center plywood section i will be replacing with some sheet metal. Haven't quite figured out a new window yet.. suggestions?

uploadfromtaptalk1340482711028.jpg.05d33798c4ad25304629e9d6bf9ca5f5.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1340482725055.jpg.80a89b6a1ffbf0114a89ea555858edc8.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1340482739251.thumb.jpg.85ab26da16e38051a7b41a21685ce530.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, I love it! :lol: If it was me I would just leave the rotting plywood and attach a pirate flag to that beast and start getting booty! Raid some STis so she becomes more road worthy.

edit: For a window, I would go to the junkyard and get a small sized pickup truck window. And you definitely need a gun rack.

I have some other wheels and fresh tires to go on it, contemplating matte white plastidip :lol:

Some forester lateral links will def be needed down the road as it has a decent amount of positive camber from the lift. I just cant wait to replace the brake lines and clean it up.

The plywood has to go as its making the interior stink lol. Good idea with the truck window .. i was thinking plexiglass and just bolting it in.

I was thinking matte white whole car lol.. plasti dip it, with some gold 02-04 wrx wheels i have laying around. Rallye wheels would look badass though.

Also debating running the exhaust up through the bed, like a stack ... :hide: it has an aquablock filter cone on it already, but a snorkel would probably fit it well too. It has mounts welded to the front bumper beam already for a light bar .. so maybe ill fab up a brush guard of some short.

^^

In the words of Nikolai Gogol (which seemed fitting lol)

“Always think of what is useful and not what is beautiful.

Beauty will come of its own accord.”

And yeah...that's a beautiful off-road beast, man :D

I'm wondering if you could mount the window to where

it swings downward so you could still get some airflow.

Just cut a piece of Plexi-glass and put a rubber molding

all the way around it that fits tight in your sheet metal

piece. Then mount some brackets to it and a small locking

mechanism [ preferably on the inside ;) ]

Spent some time going over it today at work and running a new brake line to the rear. Both rusted out where they always do in the hole in the floor. I painted the new wheels today when i got home and will be mounting/ balancing them after work tomorrow ... along with finishing the other PITA brake line lol.

Once that is done, it will get a good cleaning and ill move on to replacing the seats and back half of the cab. Im thinking plexiglass. It makes the most sense and is cheapest for what it is.

You'll have to get some heavier duty stuff then

cause otherwise it'll crack. I dont know about

where you live, but my brother tried to plexi his

busted window with some thinner stuff and the

heat cracked it in half after a few months.

You'll have to get some heavier duty stuff then

cause otherwise it'll crack. I dont know about

where you live, but my brother tried to plexi his

busted window with some thinner stuff and the

heat cracked it in half after a few months.

Well i can get up to 1/2 locally.. was thinking something like 5/16 though, use a rubber gasket and bolt it in using some quick nuts so if i want a window ill still have one

It lives! With 3/4 working brakes! New wheels and tires today. Repaired both broken lines, though i can get fluid out of the prop valve to the right rear (non abs car) i cant get fluid to the caliper. Im thinking it has something to do with the fact that the car sat for so long with the line plugged off.

Cleaned the interior and vacuumed the engine bay, once i start redoing the cab ill be able to wash it and subsequently start painting it. Havent decided what color yet, though leaning towards a rustoleum hammered finish. The hammered hides a ton of imperfections and when it gets scratched you just spray over it with no consequence.

uploadfromtaptalk1340754994176.jpg.80c21036d3e50b1829bee84e79376389.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1340755006254.jpg.88e65080508513d3094b7030b410be92.jpg

As long as you are going with plexiglass I think you should make it a glass bottom car. That would be sweet, lol.

It's funny how small the 16" wheels look with the lift. I put those exact same wheels on my second gen. Did you just have them laying around?

Keep the pics coming! I want to get a beater subie now. There are plenty out here.

Yes :lol: i have like 6-7 sets of wheels for my cars. The tires i got free from work, they were/are takeoffs that a customer didnt like! Benefit of being a mechanic. It was either these or the snowflakes, i thought these would be better suited.

Archived