LegacyGT.com

Question about placing the axles back into the diff

So this past weekend I replaced my tranny. Looks like the tranny was still in good shape and it ended up bring a bad torque converter in general. @ 110k the motor blew and i had just replaced it, and not being 100% sure it was just the TC, instead of spending 200, i just spent 6 and replaced the whole tranny w/ one that had 15k miles on it.

Well back on topic, i got it all in, and when I was putting the axles back in, the circular ring that was on the diff side of the axle was basically causing me to not be able to get the axle shaft back in all the way. I ended up pulling them off and put them in...

went camping yesterday... got back home today and showered up.

went back out to my car and saw a decent sized puddle for being sitting for 2 hrs. definitely diff fluid. looks like its dripping from both axle shafts, but they seem like they're in all the way.

should i look to get new snap ring things and force in the axle w/ them on?

Yeah, you have to tiptoe around the seals and take care not to touch them at all or you could spring a leak.

I just replaced a seal that I destroyed because I was being rambunctious taking out my axles. PM me if you want a good deal on a spare seal I bought and didn't use. (if 4EAT uses the same seal)

Archived