LegacyGT.com

Headlight clearing (w/pics)

Ok I finally did it and looks great after polishing the lenses which were real bad looking after blacking out everything but the hi beam area. Installed 16" LED strip and super bright LED blinkers. Problem ton of condensation in housing. Dried them out with heat gun its back again hours later. It has been raining but sealed the piss out of them before putting them back together... WTF it slike somebody sprayed a hose in them. Somebody posted a fix about putting something in the headlight to absorb moister? Cannot find it... anyone, anyone. Will post pics later

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need is 600 grit sand paper, a polisher, and wax/sealant. Sand all the haze off, polish it with a high speed polisher, and then apply wax/sealant. Boom, brand new looking headlights that will last you a few more years.
My wife's balls are delicious.

• 1 month later...
then you go about putting the bumper back on, pop in all the pop-its, screw down your lights, put the grille in, and you're good to go!

all in all, this took about 3 hours, taking my time and snapping shots. hope this helps out some people, i like to contribute. :D

can you go into a bit more detail with how to remove the front bumper?

It's fairly easy. Just remove the front grill, and the 8ish pop-its from underneath. You may need to remove the lower driving lights if you want to pull the whole thing off, otherwise you can just lower it to the ground carefully.
My wife's balls are delicious.

It's fairly easy. Just remove the front grill, and the 8ish pop-its from underneath. You may need to remove the lower driving lights if you want to pull the whole thing off, otherwise you can just lower it to the ground carefully.

I guess I should have been more specific. My bad. I have a 2008. There's more than 8 pins and I have to remove the bumper to take the grill out. Also it looks like I have to take my FENDERS off to take my bumper off! UGH!

1.okay, first you remove the front grille. this is done by taking off the 2 pop-its, pushing on the little tabs, and finangling the grill until the lower clips come off. (no pics of this)

2. remove the bumper by taking off all the popits under the car connected to the bumper, and the 1 in each wheel well that you can find by pulling back the fender liner. i was pleased that these pop-its were MUCH easier to remove than my WRX's. (no pics of this either.)

3. here's the front of the car with the grill off.

Is this an 08' ?? Because I am trying to remove my front bumper and I can't do it without (what looks like) having to remove both fenders which means taking apart the front end of my side skirts.. which is a total pain in the @$$

no you do not have to take bumper off to take grill off. I have 2005 though I do not think it is much different than mine.

Scott

If I take out the 4 push pin's and undo the four clips on the top of the grill, when I pull on the grill lightly.. the bumper is pulling with it. That tells me that either a piece of the grill is under the bumper or they are attached somehow that isn't visible without bumper removal.

733778_436229989798728_2147270559_n.jpg

This screw (one on each side) is what seems to be preventing me from taking off my bumper which I have tried 100 different ways to get it out but i can't get a small enough tool in there to undo the dang thing...it's bugging the CRAP out of me.

• 4 weeks later...

What paint would be good for blacking out the middle plastic section of the lights? I was considering using glossy black duplicolor engine enamel for its high heat resistance, but I'm not sure how well it will bond to the chrome painted plastic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...