LegacyGT.com

Please weigh in on this brake rotor question! Which ones?

jhow257415

My driving style is hard and aggressive about 50% of the time, the other 50% of the time I spend driving like a “daily driver” average speeds and even following the speed limits! Took me 3 years to cook my current pads and rotors (OEM stuff)! I have to replace them, since I have to replace them…why not upgrade to something more forgiving of my driving habits???

So I’ve done lots of research, and read many reviews, blogs, and opinions on rotors…solid vs. slotted vs. drilled! I understand everything I read, but the opinions are in many cases very contradictory. There are sooooo many different perspectives, which causes more confusion in choosing an appropriate product! Already bought LGT Calipers and Hawk HPS pads. Lastly I found a favorable price on StopTech Drilled Rotors(Centric) at Tirerack. Just want to know if you guys think I should buy them or just buy Centric Solids or Wearevers Solids, or Duralast Solids at the box store??? Will the cheapo rotor do the same as drilled for my driving style given my other upgrades? Basically is one a superior product? Will they behave the same? With your experience help me make the smarter decision!!! Thanks:spin:

Unless you're on a track doing road racing you won't notice a difference. Don't buy drilled, the majority are drilled after manufacturing which causes weakness. Slotted is fine if you want nice looking brakes. Blanks would do just fine,

I don't get it, you were asking about slotted vs drilled vs blanks cause you're a hard driver. Now, you want to choose between blanks based on price? WTF?

track hores use centric. Never heard of the rest. Shop around, as that seems higher than the last set I bought (assuming this is fronts only).

Boxkita you are right, I don’t think you got it! So let me try to clarify it for you, I was asking which type rotor was best for me based on my driving style…pretty straight forward! Based on the feedback in regards to my driving style and other peoples experience with blank vs. slotted vs. drilled I made my decision. Clearly, if you read the other posts you’d see that multiple people told me to stay away from slotted or drilled if I’m not tracking the car. Therefore, I determined that blanks were best for my needs; that decision was NOT based on price, so No WTF needed!

After making that decision, I followed up within this same thread on quality vs. price for the several blanks that are readily available. Maybe that’s where your confusion came from, sorry. Your other assumption was incorrect as well, I was shopping for fronts and rears, NOT fronts only. Next time just let everyone know you are confused before you reply. Thanks for replying though and for your suggestions, that’s what the forum is about, much appreciated. -Cheers

We've installed 100s and 100s of sets of Centric Premium Rotors on Legacies coupled with Stoptech Street Peformance or Hawk HPS pads.

On our track cars we use the Centric Premium Rotors as well.

Very sturdy rotors and the top-hat coating prevents most of the rust we see here in NY/NJ/Upstate NY.

Shoot us an e-mail to sales@azpinstalls.com and we can drop ship anything you need.

-mike

What you should do:

1) Buy Centric Premium rotors

2) Buy Stoptech Street Performance pads

3) Buy them all from Mike above

That's all.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Centric Premium Cryo rotor blanks with HP+ pads and Wilwood EXP600 fluid with Goodrich SS hoses and stock LGT calipers (remans from Centric are extremely nicely done). I also use TiSpeed titanium shims rather than the stock ones. I use this combo on the track with virtually no fade and excellent stopping power and modulation. I leave them on for the street although I rarely drive the car and the only drawback is that they dust fairly heavily so it requires a lot of washing of the wheels to keep the stuff from sticking.

Irregardless of what brand of fluid you use, make sure and completely flush your entire system as new fluid will also be a huge improvement for you in pedal feel.

I just went with StopTech slotted rotors and Carbotech 1521 pads (my 4th or 5th set between 2 cars).

Looks really good and I can't say enough good things about the Carbotech pads. They're excellent pads with great feel, consistency, low dust and amazing pad life. My last set of rear pads lasted 66k miles and the fronts I replaced just because, but at 30k miles they still had 35-40% pad left.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived