LegacyGT.com

Still no word on the '06???

I'm trying to be patient, and I'm "this close" (holding thumb and forefinger close to each other...) to trading my '00 GTI VR6 for an '05.5 A4 2.0T Avant. My wife drives an '02 A4 Avant that I'm in love with and has been remarkably reliable.

So, any confirmed news on the changes (if any) for '06? New colors, pricing, nav, 6mt, HID.

I know it's been beaten to death, I just don't understand why after the dealer meeting we still don't know anything.

HID is a cheap upgrade if it doesn't come with it. You can upgrade them yourself for probably half of what the markup is going to be for them. I don't think its a huge selling point either.

I honestly doubt you can expect major changes. They just did major changes for 05. Subaru would be insane to create dissatisfaction with the 05 owners by releasing new colors and putting a bunch of upgrades on the 06 that aren't available for the 05. Car companies don't do major changes every year. They might throw navigation out there as an option, but I think everything else is a lost cause for 06.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I still don't understand why people think HID's are a big selling point. I just don't get it. lol.

It's one of the biggest misconceptions and perhaps one of the best marketing ploys; and brother, I'm laughing right there with you. :lol:

I'd take a well-designed conventional incandescent, like our projectors, any day, over an improper "HID retrofit."

But to that end, a well-designed OEM HID system or a true and proper HID retrofit (optics included) does lend superior lighting over incandescents in many objective aspects, and it's something I wouldn't mind Subaru blessing the LGT with in its next iteration.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

It's one of the biggest misconceptions and perhaps one of the best marketing ploys; and brother, I'm laughing right there with you. :lol:

I'd take a well-designed conventional incandescent, like our projectors, any day, over an improper "HID retrofit."

But to that end, a well-designed OEM HID system or a true and proper HID retrofit (optics included) does lend superior lighting over incandescents in many objective aspects, and it's something I wouldn't mind Subaru blessing the LGT with in its next iteration.

-A

I remember when a lot of the first stock/OEM HID systems came out they were often far worse than the regular halogen bulbs of the time in many cars.

The xenon option costs $500 on the MINI. I spent almost as much as my XenonFactory kit for the LGT. No reason an option from Subaru has to be expensive. I would have preferred having the choice when I purchased the car, rather than being given none.

Guest JessterCPA

I actually prefer my LGT's lights to the HID's in my TSX , which were worlds better than my old Jetta's.

Jesse

If this helps any...My dad liked my XT so much, he went and traded in his Audi AllRoad for an Outback L.L.Bean. He loves the L.L.Beanie much more than he did the AllRoad. And the money he saved from getting a suby and not an audi pays for at least the first year of gas and service.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I'm trying to be patient, and I'm "this close" (holding thumb and forefinger close to each other...) to trading my '00 GTI VR6 for an '05.5 A4 2.0T Avant. My wife drives an '02 A4 Avant that I'm in love with and has been remarkably reliable.

So, any confirmed news on the changes (if any) for '06? New colors, pricing, nav, 6mt, HID.

I know it's been beaten to death, I just don't understand why after the dealer meeting we still don't know anything.

I'm in the same boat you're in. I would love to pull the trigger and get a good deal on an 05 especially if they plan no changes to the 06. I've talked with several dealers on any changes, and to a person, they've all said no changes, no nav, no 6 spd, nada. The reason being, as someone already mentioned, that they don' t want to risk upsetting the 05 owners with significant changes. Personally, I think they really do know the changes that are going to be made but are being close mouthed on purpose because the 05's aren't exactly flying off the floors and they know that if they reveal that the 06's will have nav, hid's, 6spd, etc, they'll never get rid of the 05 inventory. Just my 0.02's worth.

I'm in the same boat you're in. I would love to pull the trigger and get a good deal on an 05 especially if they plan no changes to the 06. I've talked with several dealers on any changes, and to a person, they've all said no changes, no nav, no 6 spd, nada. The reason being, as someone already mentioned, that they don' t want to risk upsetting the 05 owners with significant changes. Personally, I think they really do know the changes that are going to be made but are being close mouthed on purpose because the 05's aren't exactly flying off the floors and they know that if they reveal that the 06's will have nav, hid's, 6spd, etc, they'll never get rid of the 05 inventory. Just my 0.02's worth.

They can always sell the '05 for $5000 below invoice if that ever happens. :lol:

Alright, Webster Groves Subaru in St. Louis has told me Nav will be an option for '06 and the Spec B will happen but in limited numbers, no details on what Spec B is though. They also flat out said a GT-L lists at 31k but I could take it at 26,900, this after I said I'm not buying until the fall/winter and was looking at the leggy rather than the Sti

Ben

Last i spoke to the dealer i told him that i may wait for 06 just for the navi....then he call me back telling me that the Navi will be retrofit on the 05's. Either hes telling the truth or just trying me to come in and buy one of the 05's

....if i do end up going for an 05 i will be sure to get the "retrofit answer" in writing from the dealer.

There will be NAV on the 06's 100%, however they will only offer on the limited. (and there are rumors that only with the 5eat[automatic])

NO 6MT

NO spec B for 06

NO HID's

believe me cuz I know.

Mike.....

I'm getting itchy myself, may pull the trigger real soon on a LGT wagon cloth manual. I'd love it if they changed some colors for 06 and I ended up having a one year color, Garnet Red, which are already more desirable because you can't get that color on the base Legacies. Right now you can get around 2k under invoice = 24k for a base LGT. Just about everyone says the 06 LGT will only be available in Limited trim. Even if there is no price increase you are looking at at least 28k for the cheapest LGT wagon assuming you'll be able to get them around invoice at the beginning. I'll put the saved 4k to good use.

Last i spoke to the dealer i told him that i may wait for 06 just for the navi....then he call me back telling me that the Navi will be retrofit on the 05's. Either hes telling the truth or just trying me to come in and buy one of the 05's

....if i do end up going for an 05 i will be sure to get the "retrofit answer" in writing from the dealer.

They'll probably say anything just to get you to buy the car. Your best bet is to wait and see what happens in the next few months.

Mike - other people 'who know' have said things to the contrary. Safe to say, nobody knows anything for 100% certainty except SOA.

The people from Subaru Canada Inc. know a thing or two, as well. My guess is that there will be a few changes to 2.5i models, but that the oh-so-lovely 2.5GT will go on relatively -- and wonderfully -- unchanged.

Honestly, I see navi and HID's as non-essential items that are more like toys. Yes, HID's are great once you use them, but the road is still lit up very well with out them. Navi; its a toy, how often do people really use them in everyday driving. If you're getting lost on the way home from work everyday, maybe you should take the bus and see a doctor.

My point is, '06 I really don't see the need to wait for; that is unless you don't like the current color offerings and want something other than the awesome looking Garnett Red:) and want to wait and see if anything new comes out.

I'm getting itchy myself, may pull the trigger real soon on a LGT wagon cloth manual. I'd love it if they changed some colors for 06 and I ended up having a one year color, Garnet Red, which are already more desirable because you can't get that color on the base Legacies. Right now you can get around 2k under invoice = 24k for a base LGT. Just about everyone says the 06 LGT will only be available in Limited trim. Even if there is no price increase you are looking at at least 28k for the cheapest LGT wagon assuming you'll be able to get them around invoice at the beginning. I'll put the saved 4k to good use.

Go for it! The Legacy GT Wagon is awesome. You won't be disappointed. If SOA does choose not to release a non-Limited GT Wagon for 2006 (I personally don't know, as I live north of the border), the '05s might be hard to find, so I wouldn't wait too long if you have a good deal set up.

Guest JessterCPA

Boy, this gets me all thinking that if the 06's are an improvement, maybe I can dump my LGT & upgrade to a leftover 05 Limited Wagon, and walk away with no extra cost to me. That is if they want to get them off the lot bad enough.

Jesse

Honestly, I see navi and HID's as non-essential items that are more like toys.

My view exactly. :)

The nav system sure would be nice to have, but it's a novelty that's passed off as convenience more than necessity.

As for the HIDs, they've got just as many drawbacks as they do benefits - mechanically and "driver-oriented."

Both will certainly push the "luxury" image more, but they're truly not essentials.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived