LegacyGT.com

Gripes about Legacy GT

Just wanted to mention a few of issues I've had with my car and see if others have the same. I have a rattle that I think is in the rear-view mirror. I have the auto-dimming compass mirror and am wondering if other's have had this issue. I think I may have another in the dash or passenger's side door, anyone else? Also, the heated seats are really hot even on the lowest setting (nearest to off). I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this. The accelerator pedal is really touchy. I find it very difficult to accelerate smoothly. I would like more travel. I asked one of the salesman about this and he said there was nothing to be done. I know it's electronic, isn't there some way to adjust it? Even though I live in a state that doesn't require front plates, the dealer had one of their plates on the front of the car. My understanding is that they had to drill holes in the car to put the plate on. Is that correct? If it is, I am really pissed that the dealer did this just so they could display their name. It's bad enough they have decals on the back.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dont have any of those issues but i would talk to the dealer and have them fix your bumper because they did drill holes in it and if they want to make you pay for the repairs say you are going to call the better buisness beuru because it is vandalism because you didnt want a front plate mounted especaly for some free advertizing for the dealership. i live in a state that requires a front plate so drilled holes dont bother me and the only free advertizing they are getting is the plate frames (those are ilegal here to so if i get a ticket from some abnoxiuos cop for them the dealer is getting the bill). i would do it soon because they will wost likley do a front bumper swap on another gt and the longer you wait the the higher the chances of having color differances between the your car and the bumper. you do have every right to be pissed the car looks way better wothout the front plate and you shouldnt have to get the the holes bondoed up and painted to do it on a car that has no holes or intagrated bracket from the factory.

I had a similar problem with my mirror on my WRX. I took it to a dealer and they were able to tighten it up to get rid of the rattle. Oh, and peel the decals off. Not only did the dealer put such stickers on my car, they were on crooked! They were pretty easy to peel off, fortunately, and a bit of goo-gone cleaned up the residue.

Nope, I don't have those problems. There are no rattles. The heated seats work well and are not too hot for me. Sorry about your front bumper. The dealer I went to did not put any dealer name tags on. He said they know people don't like them so they don't do it. That is good. I don't want free advertising for the dealer on my car.

I know what you mean about the gas pedal, when I'm just rolling away from a stop I just touch the gas pedal and the revs up to 2k when all I want is a little to get the car moving. Definaly have had to be mindful of that as not to burn the clutch everytime I want to get going. And the lack of rain catchers annoys me but otherwise its been a pretty good car so far.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

theres a piece of carpet velcroed to where the passenger seat is bolted down - really looks unprofessional. the rubber that seals the rear window with the frame, is not even. the left side is more sunken than the right side. i dont know if this is something big, but if u look at your door sills, you see what looks like part of it were welded together - i just thought the body is one piece. there is a squeek in my seat, but that dont bother me much. i find the seat not that comfortable, or maybe i havent found the sweet spot setting yet. the heated seats are fine - then again, i always start on the highest setting.

My autodim mirror also doesn't rattle. I do notice that the moonroof shade does seem to make a light "ticking" noise when closed and it's cold in the car. Do you have an automatic or manual? The automatics learn your driving style over time so it should adjust to your smoother style. My heated seats are the exact opposite. At the lowest setting, they're barely noticeable. I can't go beyond the 3rd setting without becoming too hot. Lastly, the bumper -- someone here on this website was able to find small plastic plugs to conceal those holes. Try a search and get them. Unfortunatley, the dealer owns the vehicles before you purchase them so I don't know what recourse there is in attaching a front plate or decals. Ken

Sounds like a few people are having problems with a clutch. I have no problem accelerating from a stop. I do have a rattle in my rear view mirror and side mirrors (I think). I wish the gears were a little longer, because I seem to go through them awfully quickly. My largest pet peave is my clutch foot gets caught up underneath on the plastic cover. And the gas pedal needs to come up a 1/2 to 3/4 inch for better heel/toe downshifts. Oh and I wish they put the sexy race pedals in the car, like my wrx had.

oh and they did drill holes in my front bumper. I took off the front one, I'm required by law to have on in WA but its not like I have one anyway, and I'm not going to advertise for them anyway. On the back I turned the plastic insert backwards so its blank. Now I have to find two decent plate frames and get rid of the dealer ones. I don't want the front plate screwed into the bumper and have it scratch up my paint.

My gripes (please do understand that I still LOVE MY LGT) Rattle coming from rear section - maybe in the deck behind rear seats (been meaning to have my wife drive me around so I can sit in the back seat to isolate it...but I fear hearing all her smart ass comments because she just bought herself a BMW 325i) Front cupholders - WHAT A JOKE! They don't hold anything. I'm constantly grabbing my can or cup to prevent it from falling over (especially when maneuving at 100 mph) Turbo Boost gauge - OR LACK THEREOF! Why Subaru left this out I'll never know Center Console - my hands would drag the ground if my arms were long enough for my elbows to sit comfortably on it Day Time Running Lights - this ain't no damn Saturn! Sure wish there was a way to run with only the fog lights on - now that would be COOL!

I got a good chuckle today when I took some co-workers to lunch..One of them was sitting in the back seat and noticed that the "SRS" badge for the side curtain airbag was upside down. Looks like when they were replacing the air-bags on the initial re-call they put it in upside down. I will get them to fix it next time I am at the dealer.

[quote name='squirrel-bait']Holy triple-post, BL! I haven't gotten to use my seat heaters much, but when I have, it seemed that setting one was awfully warm. Got to go get some more seat time. sqrl b8[/QUOTE] teh n00bs S-B. :D Also BL....you can get those same pedals for your Legacy man. [url]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1860[/url]

[quote name='LandShark']My gripes (please do understand that I still LOVE MY LGT) Rattle coming from rear section - maybe in the deck behind rear seats (been meaning to have my wife drive me around so I can sit in the back seat to isolate it...but I fear hearing all her smart ass comments because she just bought herself a BMW 325i) Front cupholders - WHAT A JOKE! They don't hold anything. I'm constantly grabbing my can or cup to prevent it from falling over (especially when maneuving at 100 mph) Turbo Boost gauge - OR LACK THEREOF! Why Subaru left this out I'll never know Center Console - my hands would drag the ground if my arms were long enough for my elbows to sit comfortably on it Day Time Running Lights - this ain't no damn Saturn! Sure wish there was a way to run with only the fog lights on - now that would be COOL![/QUOTE] As for the DRLs, there is a fix for that and the foglight only mod. ;) [url]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2117[/url] - DRL Disable in 10min [url]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2141[/url] - foglight only mod

[quote name='LandShark']My gripes (please do understand that I still LOVE MY LGT) Rattle coming from rear section ...[/QUOTE] You heard about the disgruntled assembly line worker that left the empty Coke bottle in the rear fender, didn't you? He left a note in it for whomever found it that said, "Rattles, dont it?" sqrl b8

Nothing so dramatic. More of a buzzing (vibration related) than a rolling rattle. Only happens on the Interstate. Here in CA the highways must have been laid down in 10 ft sections because they create a harmonic motion at freeway speeds. I think it's part of the stereo speaker wiring but I'm really not sure. Damn annoying though. All I can do right now is crank up the stereo to drown it out. As for those sorry-ass cupholders....I welcome any improvements. I'm wondering if my car came complete. What's the "electric plug" looking socket for inbetween the 2 cup holders? Is there supposed to be some kinda attachment or device to offer a variable cup size restraint? If not, the design sucks! Too fat and too shallow. Doesn't hold a damn thing!

[QUOTE=As for those sorry-ass cupholders....I welcome any improvements. I'm wondering if my car came complete. What's the "electric plug" looking socket for inbetween the 2 cup holders? Is there supposed to be some kinda attachment or device to offer a variable cup size restraint? If not, the design sucks! Too fat and too shallow. Doesn't hold a damn thing![/QUOTE] Thats why i dont let passangers bring cups in the car bottles only

[quote name='LandShark'] Front cupholders - WHAT A JOKE! They don't hold anything. I'm constantly grabbing my can or cup to prevent it from falling over (especially when maneuving at 100 mph) [/QUOTE] Don't supersize? They hold human sized drinks just fine, while exceeding the traction limit on the re92's..

[quote name='avdoc']Just wanted to mention a few of issues I've had with my car and see if others have the same. I have a rattle that I think is in the rear-view mirror. I have the auto-dimming compass mirror and am wondering if other's have had this issue. I think I may have another in the dash or passenger's side door, anyone else? [/QUOTE] I had a fairly high pitched rattle/buzz from the auto-dim compass mirror. It would go away if i reached in back and pressed on the large plug/wire connector. So I jammed a small piece of foam in there and it seems to have fixed the problem. Craig

Archived