LegacyGT.com

Easy, fast and safe way to remove the crank pulley bolt

Or you could just put it in 5th gear and make sure your hand break is up, then use a breaker bar. I personally don't like the wrapping of the belt or cranking the motor ideas, both could result in belt/tool damage.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Or you could just put it in 5th gear and make sure your hand break is up, then use a breaker bar. I personally don't like the wrapping of the belt or cranking the motor ideas, both could result in belt/tool damage.

This.

There's a reason not many people brace with belts. Plus, it's way more work! Let the car do the work for you!

You really do not want to stress that rubber ring. 2 piece crank pulley, and there are cases where that rubber ring has failed. Stressing it is not a good idea. Really should hold the pulley at those four holes on the inner portion of the pulley.

I usually just pull the motor and use an impact gun.

That's definitely easy and fast :D

For a manual this is what I did. I cracked my radiator fan shroud because I wasn't paying attention, but overall pretty easy, safe, and fast.

Just lay the breaker bar against the ground, and bump the starter, works great. I did put a piece of plywood next to the radiator, but did't need it.

I posted a picture in the timing belt thread I put up about 7 years ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived