LegacyGT.com

Only Enough Money for 1 Snow Tire

Polo08816

Hey all! I only had enough money for 1 snow tire. I have 4 summer tires mounted right now and the snow is deep outside (12"+). Which corner of the car should I put it on for better performance before I go out? I just want to know which tire does the motor turn so I can replace that tire with the snow tire.

The motor turns all the tires. It's all wheel drive. You should really only replace all four tires at the same time on an awd vehicle. At the very least, pick up the cheapest four tires you can afford. All season or winter.

as long as he keeps the same tire size he wont pile up the center diff. and if he's talking about being able to afford "one" snow tire. he's looking at a budget of around $150 so unless you can find a set of used tires for that much that fit the car i think hes SOL for that idea. but seriously if you can find used get a set of used. it will be MUCH better to have a set of half warn AS's or winters than one good winter and 3 sleigh runners.

as for left or right. do a burnout in the snow which ever tire spins put it on that one.

This must be a joke. I hope.

I certainly hope so!:lol:

But I'll play along and say that one snow tire is just a terrible idea - quit your job if it only allows you to afford a single tire.....:spin:

Oh wait - yeah put it on the drivers rear that way you can crank the steering wheel to the right and hold a drift:wub::p

• Mega Users

I was able to find a set of matching four snow tires last year for $160.

That was a shot in a million so good luck.

And yeah, if you think adding just one will help or is a good idea, you know so little about what you own (which you don't even tell us) that you probably shouldn't own it.

Hey all! I only had enough money for 1 snow tire. I have 4 summer tires mounted right now and the snow is deep outside (12"+). Which corner of the car should I put it on for better performance before I go out? I just want to know which tire does the motor turn so I can replace that tire with the snow tire.

Really ?

The spare tire... definitely the spare.

Archived