LegacyGT.com

Clutch pedal squeak

There are two switches that the clutch pedal makes contact with when depressed. Lubricating will fix it for a short time. The permenant solution is to take the car to the dealer and have the squeaky switch replaced. I did this with my car last week. No more nosie.
ignore him, he'll go away.

This is on my list of things to have the dealer fix as well. Here is my list so far

Squeaky Clutch

Roof Liner

Floor Mat Hook

Fan Relay (TSB)

Seat Warmer (Maybe)

Just waiting until almost 32k miles, then take it in and get it all fixed in one final sweep. And hopefully that will be the end of problems.

Just waiting until almost 32k miles, then take it in and get it all fixed in one final sweep. And hopefully that will be the end of problems.

Heck, while you're in there, you might as well get new remotes as well...:icon_bigg

There are two switches that the clutch pedal makes contact with when depressed. Lubricating will fix it for a short time. The permenant solution is to take the car to the dealer and have the squeaky switch replaced. I did this with my car last week. No more nosie.

i took mine to the dealer sometime last year for the squeaking clutch pedal. they replaced the spring and switch. all was good and quiet for about 2-3 months, then it came back slowly. not loud, but noticeable at times. but now i'm outta my warranty so i'll live with it.

• 2 months later...
Can someone list the part numbers for the switches that need to be replaced, and if possible the actual service order from your dealership. My dealership is in denial saying that the squeak just happens and that they can't do anything about it. "It's just the way it is"

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone list the part numbers for the switches that need to be replaced, and if possible the actual service order from your dealership. My dealership is in denial saying that the squeak just happens and that they can't do anything about it. "It's just the way it is"

That is total dealership BS. My dealer couldn't fix the squeak in 3 visits, so I fixed it in my driveway in under an hour, and that included figuring out what was squeaking. See the last post:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16343&highlight=clutch&page=2

It's been over a year and half, and it's still dead quiet. :)

-Paul

• 1 month later...

walkthrough on how to do it?

That is total dealership BS. My dealer couldn't fix the squeak in 3 visits, so I fixed it in my driveway in under an hour, and that included figuring out what was squeaking. See the last post:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16343&highlight=clutch&page=2

It's been over a year and half, and it's still dead quiet. :)

-Paul

Seriously. Part numbers and work order? Anyone????

My dealer will do it, if they know what the new part is. They probably don't know there is an updated part.

Cheese with that whine?:lol:;)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cust states clutch pedal squeaks

Cause: Noisy

91 B021-001 0.4, C021-141 0.2

W 0.60 (N/C)

1 83281AA011 Clutch Switch (N/C)

Claim Type: W

Auth Code:

Replaced Clutch Switch

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• 2 weeks later...
walkthrough on how to do it?

OK, from memory since the car is at work with the wife. :wub:

If you have the vacation pics, look at section 14 Transmission subsection 11 Clutch Switch. There are 2 switches: one below the pivot point, which contacts when the pedal is up, that's the cruise control switch. It turns off the CC when when you press the clutch.

In my case, the other switch was the squeaky culprit. The one above the pivot point engages when the pedal is all the way down, it's the starter interlock switch. Look at diagram CL-00103 to see both switches. Mine was the switch in diagram CL-00104.

To take out the switch, move the driver's seat all the way back.

Crawl under the dash with a flashlight and look straight up at the clutch pedal assembly.

Locate the 2 switches, and figure out which one you think is the problem. Remove the wiring connector, then remove the nut on the switch that is closer to the firewall. If you move the position of the other nut, the engagement point of the switch will be changed!

Once the switch is out, confirm that the squeak is gone by pressing the pedal. My switch didn't make any noise out of the car. I used white lithium grease in a spray can with a long nozzle to get the grease way down into the switch beside the plunger. Re-install the switch, and see if the squeak is gone.

Obviously, if something else in the pedal assembly is squeaking, or your clutch is going, this won't help you much. :rolleyes:

fweasel, where did you get that bit of text in your post? Is there some database of customer complaints - it doesn't look like the format of TSBs I've seen.

It doesn't look like a TSB because it came off the invoice I was handed after my dealer fixed the issue in my car:)

My wife's 07 Outback 2.5i has a squeaky clutch pedal in it. We've had it into the dealer 3 times now.

The first visit, they lubed every moving/touching part. It was fine for about 15 miles and then the squeak returned.

Second visit, they replaced a spring. Went away for about two days, then came back with a vengeance. When the pedal was 75% pushed down, the remaining 25% came with a "crunch" and a squeak.

Third visit, they replaced the clutch fork and slave cylinder. Went out to pick it up and the squeak and crunch was still there.

Next step is to replace the entire clutch assembly. Not only does the clutch squeak and crunch when the pedal is pushed in, the clutch is starting to chatter and slip a bit.

Edit - Car has about 12K miles on it. This all started when we picked it up brand new with 300+ miles.

My wife's 07 Outback 2.5i has a squeaky clutch pedal in it. We've had it into the dealer 3 times now.

The first visit, they lubed every moving/touching part. It was fine for about 15 miles and then the squeak returned.

Second visit, they replaced a spring. Went away for about two days, then came back with a vengeance. When the pedal was 75% pushed down, the remaining 25% came with a "crunch" and a squeak.

Third visit, they replaced the clutch fork and slave cylinder. Went out to pick it up and the squeak and crunch was still there.

Next step is to replace the entire clutch assembly. Not only does the clutch squeak and crunch when the pedal is pushed in, the clutch is starting to chatter and slip a bit.

Edit - Car has about 12K miles on it. This all started when we picked it up brand new with 300+ miles.

My dealer was all set to replace the fork when I told them it was probably the switch. They replaced it and I haven't heard it since.

• 2 months later...

I apologize for bumping an old thread, I found it through the "New Members" thread.

Anyway I don't know if this applies to LGTs, as I'm not super familiar with them yet (may be buying one soon though :) ), but there's a clutch creak fix for the 2.5RS here:

http://www.northursalia.com/modifications/drivetrain/creak/creak.html

It's accomplished through putting a little high-temp engine grease in the slave cylinder. Again, I don't know if this applies to an LGT, but I thought I'd mention it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :)

-S2-

Archived