LegacyGT.com

Should i sell spec b 4 S60R?

I'm at odds about this.... There is a 2006 S60R with navigation 18" wheels and much more that I'm thinking about trading my spec b. The Spec b has Cobb AP stage 2, Volk CE28's limited edition gloss black w/ Michelin's, Sti front lip, Swift springs, Sti front rear strut bars, cusco sway bars f/r, cusco H brace, cusco endlinks f/r and cusco rear lateral arms etc. The S60R looks really nice but not as much room in the rear seat, perfomance wise the are pretty equal. Although the S60R with a simple reflash here at the dealership puts power in the 360bhp area. It also has the Volvo body kit which is awesome plus it also has an incredible stereo system. All in all the are pretty equal vehicles. This is what it could look like...

http://www.evolvecars.com/albums/IrwindaleSpeedwayPhotoshoot/CIMG0580.sized.jpg

tHe HoV

I was trying to decide between the two before I bought the LGT. I grew up in a Volvo family, but Volvo quality has suffered when it became part of Ford. The major problems that I've read with the R's is a bad fuel pump that isn't shared with the rest of series so it has to be special ordered. Then there's the turning radius that is worst than a suburban at over 40 ft. Anytime you take the car in be prepared for at least a $400 bill.

Guest JessterCPA

Wasnt too thrilled with the overall experience with my wife's S40. I know its a different car, but the overall Volvo ownership left me dissapointed.

Jesse

I wouldn't trade the spec.B for the R...not only because I think you should stay with Subaru, but because I believe the Legacy is actually a better car. I have driven a regular s60, and was not impressed with the interior and the interior appointments. I don't know how much better the R is though...and also, maintenance bills. Subaru will be aLOT cheaper than maintaining the volvo. I have a few family members who swear by Volvo, but cost of ownership is staggering. And finally, Volvos arent like they used to be. Subarus are safer for the most part now, probably more reliable, better looking IMHO, and well...modability...I would prefer to mess w/ the Legacy.

..but in the end, it's your call:)

I like the S60, and If I bought a Volvo thats probably what I would buy.

But I'm tired of crappy reliability, which I believe the Subaru has a better reliability

history than the Sweede does.

I worked on Volvo's for 9 years at a dealership. After the car get five years old, its 2 grand a year to keep it on the road.

no turbo for quick hp gains ;)

Huh? It is a turbo car.

I agree, tough one. I was going to get the V70R, but got the LGT instead. Evolve makes some nice power packages for these cars...360hp/390ft/lb. via a reflash and turboback.

V70R FTW!

http://www.theweekenddrive.com/reviews/pics/v70r.jpg

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/misc/volvo_s60r2.jpg

I was at a track day that somebody had a V70R with a few mods... Great car. Too expensive to buy, maintain and mod from the I perspective, but was certainly on the list.

I personally really dont like the way that the S60R drives. I was going to trade my LGT in for one and when I drove it the steering and seat position just didnt do it for me. After driving it for about 30-40 minutes I never wanna drive one again. I dislike them that much. But I would suggest taking a long drive in both and figure out which you like better.

I have heard to get it to get even on par with the LGT off the line you have to drop the clutch from the redline partically.

KEEP THE SUBARU !!!!!

Subaru is just as safe and is much better of a sports car

Volvo makes safety boxes, nots sports car ....

SUBARU does both !!!:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

I love my car ... basically.

My son has 2005 S60R that he has had several problems with. The only plus over a LGT is the front seats are more comfortable. Reliability is not good and if you have a problem most dealers do not have the expertise to fix the "R" cars. When you drive the car try the turning circle compared to your LGT. While no car is a good investment, the R devalues like a rock going from 40K new to 30K after one year. There is even talk of canceling the "R" for lack of sales. Check out http://forums.swedespeed.com/zeroforum?id=51 before you purchase.

Archived