LegacyGT.com

GI: Bolt on KONI Set ups for the LGT

m sprank

Wondering if there is interest for a new service. I have OEM front struts lying around. I am willing to install a set of Konis (even set them up with springs) and ship them as a bolt in package. Ready to install. You send your cores back for a refund and the service keeps going.

Take the headache and fear out of a Koni install.

If the price is reasonable (I normally charge $300 for a Koni install on a car) is there interest? I can have a set ready to ship by next week.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being a "fan" is fine. But coherent posts would help. Am I missing something?

Konis are probably the best strut option available for the LGT in terms of quality and adjust-ability.

But the fronts are an insert, not a direct bolt in. Many members seem hesitant to cut apart their OEM strut bodies to install the Koni. I have done MANY Koni installs and have all the proper tools. I am offering to install brand new Konis in OEM bodies and even set them up with springs and top hats so that they are a true bolt in package.

Its just a thought. If there is no interest, no problem.

Interested if you could do it for a WRX which is now owned by my twin brother. His stock dampers are shot from riding on Prodrive springs since nearly new. He loves the Koni ride on my LGT and wants to do the conversion (oh wait that would ruin the LGT exchange program since they are diff suspensions)

Interested if you could do it for a WRX which is now owned by my twin brother. His stock dampers are shot from riding on Prodrive springs since nearly new. He loves the Koni ride on my LGT and wants to do the conversion (oh wait that would ruin the LGT exchange program since they are diff suspensions)

He could look into running some Tokico struts for the WRX. No cutting required and they would go nicely with the Prodrives

I am looking to do this in the Spring. With 2 kids running around the time savings would be helpful. If the price is fair, I'm all for the service. Please let me know your decision.

Regards,

Matt.

I have a set of 2002 WRX OEM struts. Do those fit? They can be donors. I just pulled them from my dads bugeye last week.

IMHO Konis are a superior strut to Bilstein or Tokico. I have owned all three. Koni is better valved and offers better adjust ability.

I think I will prepare one set and see how it goes. Just not sure if I should add springs or not.

I might be interested this summer. Would like to put new suspension in, but haven't gotten much farther than that in the planning process.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

So what springs pair best with the Konis?

M Spank I'm also interested in what is the most common spring your customers use with the Konis?

When I installed my konis a couple of years ago on my LGT wagon I used STI Pink springs. I love everything about them except I'm not crazy about the front drop. It's a bit much, especially when driviing in the winter snows.

I like the increased spring rates so I'm not too excited about going back to the stock springs.

I think the service you're proposing is a great idea. I would have definately used it!

Right now the most common spring is the Epic. It is the Eibach Pro Kit. Mild drop. Very comfortable ride. For more aggressive drop/driving, I like the Swifts. Great quality and cheaper than Pinks.

I will cal and see what kind of pricing I can get on the Konis if I buy a few sets for the service. Hoping to get a better price, so I can make the package a nice deal.

I will get back with complete pricing.

i DEF wanna drop my car some in the future. This bolt in and go deal seems like its a good thing. What exactly is the Koni mod? Stock strut with different internals or something? Would be interested in a complete set up with springs depending on price sometime in the future.

Hey m sprank,

If you can, please PM me a set price for the koni service with a new set of epic springs. New England roads are powered by bu||$hit, and I think after 5 years of driving on them, my suspension is starting to go. An easy, bolt-on fix is what I'm looking for. Oh, shipping would be to 05068 or 02445 (whichever would be cheaper. I'm in no hurry either, so, again, whatever's cheapest). Thanks man! I hope we can do business!

$1100 delivered to CON US. Koni with Epic. Full bolt in package. Plus $150 core fee. Refunded when I get your OEM's back. Need everything but front and rear springs and rear struts.

So total is $1250 up front. $150 is refunded. I anticipate you spending $40-$50 to ship back to me. Should put total at $1150.

I see that as $850 for the parts. $150 for the labor and $100 for shipping to you.

If someone could just figure out an Outback fitment that retains ride height...
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived