LegacyGT.com

My Dyno Numbers

More fans is almost always a good thing since the fans that the vast majority of shops use don't even come close to simulating the amount of airflow the car sees on the road. The circular fans that the OP's shop uses don't really do didly. We have a HUGE one that is about 4 feet in diameter and all it really does is move air over the engine compartment. The 2 scroll fans in front of the radiator do the bulk of the cooling and we also have a dedicated fan that is ducted to blow right on to the TMIC.

I had a big fan on top of TMIC that decided to eat itself and go BOOM. :( I almost peed my pants thinking it was the engine or tranny blowing. Luckily, it was just the fan... and we had 3 going but it was 86 deg in the shop. Wish it had been that cool for the dyno. Probably wouldn't have had so many issues.

nice #'s

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

So here we are with an 08 LGT gaining 10% power and ~12% torque on a bone stock car with an AP and a custom tune.

We're starting to see more evidence that the 08 LGT has alot of room in Stage 1 and that the Cobb OTS map may not be truly taking advantage of this engine, even in Cobb's usual conservative manner.

Joe

• 1 month later...

ok.. I don't know but my LGT 07 MT must have come with the devil himself inside. I got 242hp 245 tq as a BASELINE with a KN drop in air filter and gutted UP & DP after a custom tune i got 278 hp and 325 tq running a max boost of 1.5 bar.

I am going to the dyno again this thursday to get it retuned since i put an SPT intake and the grounding cables... I will post the new results with the dyno sheet if you would like to see it.

This was tuned by Miguel Alcrudo from Auto Plaza in Puerto Rico. He is phenomenal.

ok.. I don't know but my LGT 07 MT must have come with the devil himself inside. I got 242hp 245 tq as a BASELINE with a KN drop in air filter and gutted UP & DP after a custom tune i got 278 hp and 325 tq running a max boost of 1.5 bar.

I am going to the dyno again this thursday to get it retuned since i put an SPT intake and the grounding cables... I will post the new results with the dyno sheet if you would like to see it.

This was tuned by Miguel Alcrudo from Auto Plaza in Puerto Rico. He is phenomenal.

1.5 bar = 22psi, on a vf-40???

Bone stock with custom tune with accessPORT

I'll scan the dyno graph in later.

Stock wheel HP/TQ: 218/246

AccessPORT & Custom Tune HP/TQ: 240/276

Very niiiice

How many miles were on the car when you dyno'd? Are the stock numbers pretty typical of an 08 spec b?

yes it has a stock turbo. and the 1.5 is only the peak it is consistently between 1-1.4 the car had about 10k when it got tuned.. im going this thursday, maybe i can post the graph and info on friday.

I think it all has to do with the talent of the tuner... mine is the best they come.

droquette - I think your measured boost is including atmosphere baseline...

The numbers coming out of these dynos are pretty incredible. I'm not actually looking at the peak numbers, since dynos can be all over the place, but the percentage in increase with a tune is quite impressive.

More and more thinking about AP Stage 1.

Joe

went to the dyno last night and found my car was running really lean between 5-6k... this was due to putting an SPT intake and not getting a retune untill last night. It took about 6 runs on the Dyno to get 278 hp and 326 tq. The boost was between 15-16.5 nowhere near the 22 somebody here mentioned.

The car is way smoother on the road. there was an area around 3k where there was an 18hp gain and 23 lbtq gain.

I am taking it to the track on sunday for some road racing.. and next wed. to the drag strip to see what kind of numbers i can get.. I'm thinking 13's...

any comments?

Archived