LegacyGT.com

springs?

JohnyB22

just a quick question to someone who knows a thing or 2 about subarus, whats a good set of lowering springs? i dont have the cash at the moment to do coil overs so what would be a good alternative for lowering my 05 legacy wagon? :confused:

thanx for the help

I got STi pinks on my car and love them.

its my understanding that pinks are acutally constructed to work with the JDM lecacy. They can still be used and work fine for the USDM model. However, iON constructed their spings with the USDM struts in mind. With the fronts being progressive you get a smoother ride for daily driving, but once the springs are pushed and start to compress, they really tighten up just like pinks. just depends what you want.

how much were those pinks going for? i like the sound of those ion springs but im just curious on what else is out there. dont want to spend little money and get a bouncy "mexi" ride. you know the kind where they cut there own springs

how much were those pinks going for? i like the sound of those ion springs but im just curious on what else is out there. dont want to spend little money and get a bouncy "mexi" ride. you know the kind where they cut there own springs

read the reviews on iON...do a search. people seem to love them...they are being called the goldielocks of springs.

that's real cheap. plus i'd venture to say that iON's ride a lot nicer...thier progressive springs in the front.

Yes, H-Tech's are progressive BOTH front and rear AND I just ordrerd them for $200 delivered (yes, more than the $150 group buy, but only 2 weeks, not 2+ months delivery :D ).

Guys, I want springs, but can't figure out why some are supposed to be "better" than others.

THe guy that bought "Progress" springs says they are good... and they article from "speed" magazine says they used them and liked them....and got nice skid pad numbers.

If "John" syas he has brand xyz and loves them and "George" has brand abc and loves them, then what is the difference?

I don't care anything about lowering, I just want a .90g or better skid pad number....and yes, I understand that I may not get it until I change tires. I already have the JDM rear sway bar and it has helped a lot.

Here in Arkansas we do a lot of twisty curvy driving at hiway speeds....and I came to LGT out of a car that had a better grip...it's bugging me.:mad:

Any suggestions, dave

Drive softly and carry big torque!

Yup, its on the car. If you look at my pictures in the VbGarage you can see what they look like with 18s.

A quick reveiw:

The car rides about the same in normal driving and hardens up quick on bumps and turns. Hence, why they are called progressive springs. The lower height is perfect; anything lower would be to low (.9" lower). The cornering is much better; more level turns as before there was much lean. My test was the offramp I take to get home. Before the springs I could take it about 40-44mph, now with the springs I can push it to 50-55mph.

Yup, its on the car. If you look at my pictures in the VbGarage you can see what they look like with 18s.

A quick reveiw:

The car rides about the same in normal driving and hardens up quick on bumps and turns. Hence, why they are called progressive springs. The lower height is perfect; anything lower would be to low (.9" lower). The cornering is much better; more level turns as before there was much lean. My test was the offramp I take to get home. Before the springs I could take it about 40-44mph, now with the springs I can push it to 50-55mph.

Cool, thanks for review. Did you measure the drop? I know that's what the Tein site says, but I'm wondering if that's "reality" too.

So on small bumps it's ok?

How does the shock damping feel? Jiggly or smooth?

Thanks!

Price is right on the springs... worth a shot.

Archived