LegacyGT.com

Ipod in your car; there's gotta be an easier way

moviemadness

I've seen a few posts here with people hard wiring their ipods in their cars.

But all this seems like too much work. There's gotta be an easier way!

No? anyone?

I have the Monster FM transmitter and the sound quality isn't terrible, but to my standards, it's crap. Anything that sounds worse than a CD is crap.

I got the black nano by the way.. it's nice, but it needs a case and some better sound quality. For those of you who ever tried the iRiver and are sound sensitive will know what I mean.

I've seen a few posts here with people hard wiring their ipods in their cars.

But all this seems like too much work. There's gotta be an easier way!

No? anyone?

No.

I have the Monster FM transmitter and the sound quality isn't terrible, but to my standards, it's crap. Anything that sounds worse than a CD is crap.

Oh, well in that case, No. :lol:

jazzymt and mvigneau have made it as easy as it's likely to get, and it's actually not that hard at all.

Actually, I bought the "Transpod FM transmitter" at bestbuy recently and while it's not "slick" and "integrated" (and all those other fancy buzzwords), it works. It basically comes as an erector set of plastic tubes and you piece it together how you want it to be. All the joints screw down with wingnuts and theres the box cup that holds the ipod (or an adapter for the mini).

I'm no audiophile so if the headunit comes in stereo and there's no static, I'm a-o-k with it.

Incidently, the transmitter is so darn good, my cousin can listen to what I'm listening to up to about 8 car lengths away while going down the highway. His gf lives in a rowhouse and the signal almost made it to her front living room receiver. Music was recognizable but not clear. Not bad.

the only thing you have to worry about the dLo Transpod how you shift. actually it really depends on how you make the erector set thing. if you're the type of person that grabs/holds the shifter from the top, then you're going to "punch" the transmitter when going into 5th. if you old the shifter on the side like climbing a pole or something, then you won't hit the transmitter box or the plastic tubing.

i like it AND i can move it inbetween cars. my parent's van only has tape so this solution works for me since it's not hardwired

Here's what I'm thinking of doing. Originally I was going to do install a new headunit with the AVO DIN panel, but Harmon Kardon has come out with a pretty cool iPod interface. So I'll use mvigneau's solution, as well as the Harmon Kardon Drive+Play device. That way I can still use my existing stereo and have complete iPod connectivity and a pretty slick interface.

Its a pretty slick idea IMO...

I personally ordered jazzymt's solution and also ordered a dock connector cable (converts the dock plug into RCA and power lines)

This way just go to CD6 and pop out my Nano from the center console, where its connected and charged via the dock plug.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

haha really ghetto thing i did was i moved the dlo transmitter inside the armrest compartment, i have an ipod shuffle so the transmitter + the shuffle fits in perfectly... just can't change stations while driving tho. gotta pull out the unit to change stations.. but to change songs is easy =) i gotta try it out w/ the regular dlo transmitter for the regular ipods.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Archived