LegacyGT.com

Water Ingress???

I recently bought a 2007 Legacy GT. It's my first Soob and I love it. It's got 60K on it and seems to only have a few problems. My biggest concearn at this time is the large amount of water that is leaking onto my front passenger floor when it rains. And it's been raining alot lately in Western PA. I pulled the panel underneath the glovebox and can see water coming down in the general area of what I presume is the blower motor/evaporator area. I'm hoping it's something fairly simple, and cheap, like a dislodged or clogged A/C drain tube or missing firewall plug. Anyone have this problem before? Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

• Moderators

I had a similar problem to this on a 2003 honda accord. I hoped that it was a clogged drainage tube from the sunroof, but it was not. I took a hose to the car to find out exactly where the water was coming from. I found out that pouring water over the windshield wiper cowl area (where the windshield attaches to the car) ended up with a lot of water coming in.

I ended up taking it to a trusted body shop, and after taking a look at it they found out that a plug in the firewall was missing, allowing a lot of water to come in whenever it rained...very strange. I owned the car for a while before the leak started, so I still don't understand how the rubber plug simply fell out.

Anyway, worth a shot to check all of those plugs I guess. Water leaks can be a real PITA, so best of luck to you.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Thanks for all of the responses. All i've had time for as far as diag so far is to run the car through a car wash to observe the door/window seals and briefly looked at the firewall to see if there were any obvious missing plugs. No water was coming in through the window or sunroof seals and I didn't see any missing plugs in the firewall. I guess my next step will most likely be to completely remove the glove compartment and run a hose over the cowl to see if that point to anything obvious. Locating all of the drain tubes and blowing them out seems like a good idea, as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

Archived