LegacyGT.com

Dyno Tomorrow

subiedad51

Taking a ride up to EFI in CT tomorrow for Dyno day. 3 pulls for $50. Anyone want to guess on my numbers?

My Setup:

VF52

Perrin Catted DP

Perrin TMIC

Perrin Mid/Y

AVO Panel

Infamous1 Tuned

Stock Injectors and FP

I'll post up the sheet tomorrrow.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guys there were great. As for my numbers (I'll post my dyno plot once I get it copied) were 267/297 on my Infamous tune. I spoke with Chris and he showed me similar setups on 08/09 WRX's with a VF52 that hit 29x/31x. I'm going to go with a full catback and most likely have Chris tune the car in the Spring.

For a comparison on my numbers there were around 20 cars there, mostly WRX's and STI's. There was a 2010 EVO and another LGT. Two STI's (09 and 10) both Stage 2 hit around 28x/31x. The stock EVO pulled 26x/26x and the other LGT Stage 2 with a VF40 pulled 25x/280. Most of the STi's were in the 26x/26x range at Stage 2.

I would skip out on the full catback and invest in a fuel pump and injectors.

267/297 are not horrible numbers at all. Don't get worked up comparing numbers. If Stage 2 STi's are putting 26x/26x then your numbers are pretty impressive. I'm sure that torque curve makes it fun to drive :)

I was pretty happy with the numbers and I love the Torque. My Torque # was the 3rd or 4th highest there :) I really want the full catback for the sound - my car on the dyno sounded like crap compared to the Invidia quad tip on the other Legacy. I have a Perrin Mid/Y so I'm not losing a tremendous amount of HP. Chris felt he could he could add some decent hp/wtq with just a Pro Tune even on the stock injectors and FP.

I'll talk to the EFI guys before I do anything other engine mods. BTW - It's a great trip up the Sawmill. We have about 15-16 (most NAISOC guys). There trying to arrange another dyno/tune day. I went with them and it was 3 pulls for $50.

bump for results and comments on EFI. I plan on going there next month and would like some feedback from you on how they are.

Chris and Pete at EFI really know there stuff. I was the other Legacy on Saturday and the Saw Mill was alot of fun wasn't it Subiedad. I spoke to Chris about doing a tune on my car and he wasn't pushing one way or another just really happy talking about all the options. I walked around the whole shop and very its very impressive. Besides our group there were cars coming in and out all day. I will be going up for my tune by the end of the month. Yes it was a Mustang dyno

Nice meeting you on Saturday. I'll be doing the same as you. Your car was very impressive on the stock turbo. I love your exhaust as well. Let me know when you're heading up there.

Most definately will let you know. If you do your upgrades in the next couple weeks we could probably go dyno the same day.:) Im just waiting on the el header and then im goin up. Were you on route 80 yesterday early afternoon with your son?

Doing the Invidia header with the up built in. Chris at EFI said my hp numbers were very good on a stock turbo. Might get a little more hp but he said could get alot more torque. The header is going on this Monday and my tune is scheduled for Thursday the 25th high noon.

do you have a dyno before the headers to compair the numbers with? Im very interested in numbers before and after since im thinking of going with a set of el with my vf52

Nice. I'm looking to add the Perrin Cans to my Perrin Mid/y first. Then I'll schedule up my tune. Looking at similar setups to mine with the VF52 he's been able to pull 29x/32x so I'm looking forward to see what he can do to mine.

Archived