LegacyGT.com

Choice of '08 spec b's

Med_Phys

I am new here, but I am looking at two different '08 Spec b's. One has 10k less miles in the silver/gray color and is about $2k more. The other is the dark gray. Should the price difference be more than what it is? I like the dark gray color, but the extra miles worry me a bit, mostly being out of the warranty sooner. Recommendations? Thanks in advance.

17k on the DGM, 7k on the other. The DGM is listed for $24.5, would asking for the subaru sts and an extended warranty for $22k be reasonable?

Seems reasonable to me, but I would check the edmunds used car appraiser values as well as kbb values to get a better idea. Dealer retail on the 17k car is probably still 27-29k. That's not to say that a dealer can expect to get anywhere near that, but I'm sure they're going to give you some spiel about how it's already marked down considerably.

Geez 24.5K for that car is a helluva deal. We got ours at invoice last Sept (with the STS) and we still owe more than that one ours right now with 16K miles on it.

We did put nothing down though, but planned on keeping it for a loooooong time.

I am leaning towards the DSM. They gave me a SPT catalog the other day when I went by. Is there anything worth getting or would it be better to go aftermarket? I definitely want a STS. I was thinking about a catback exhaust, lightweight flywheel and maybe the CAI. I do like the idea of these not voiding the warranty.

Edmunds lists the value right around $30k, kbb and nada are around $28k. I am in Salt Lake.

That's out of date, since they were being sold new with huge discounts and zero percent financing.

You may still find a new one on the lot for as little as $27.5, I've heard, don't know if that's true. Some have the BBS option, another $2K. There are endless threads about it on NASIOC.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

yup, i bought mine for 27.6 new, and there's at least 4 more that i know of in this area. all qsm, otherwise i would've bought a DGM. I don't know if SLC would have such an excess in inventory. in texas, subaru awd sedan doesn't hold a candle to chevy trucks in terms of demand.

That's out of date, since they were being sold new with huge discounts and zero percent financing.

You may still find a new one on the lot for as little as $27.5, I've heard, don't know if that's true. Some have the BBS option, another $2K. There are endless threads about it on NASIOC.

Are you thinking about the sti and not the spec b?

yup, i bought mine for 27.6 new, and there's at least 4 more that i know of in this area. all qsm, otherwise i would've bought a DGM. I don't know if SLC would have such an excess in inventory. in texas, subaru awd sedan doesn't hold a candle to chevy trucks in terms of demand.

Can you share where they are? I'm just starting to search for a MT SpecB or 2.5GT Limited.

You're in austin? I bought mine at northpark subaru in SA, it was one of two. Subaru of austin had 2 08 specb's when i was shopping, one with a spoiler one without, both with xm and without tint, and the non-spoiler one had that hideous stripe. northpark offered a better deal. gillman in SA had 1 i believe. So that's 5 08qsm spec b's in SA/Austin area, i bought 1. So i think there are four now, if they're still there. I would offer 27flat and see if they'll work with you on that price. I couldn't find a single 5mt 08 LGT...

Thanks 07miata! Was that $27.6 out the door?

I wasn't really looking for a SpecB, but if the price drops close to the level of the 2.5GT, it's going to be hard to resist. It's time to upgrade from my 16 year old Legacy.

It'd be nice to take advantage of the 0% financing and the $500 cash back incentives going on right now. I'll probably look in the Houston area as well, since I have family there.

yup 27.6 with a promised STS shifter that's not on my car yet. I'm supposed to have included oil changes at 7.5k intervals for two years and 1 years car wash. I didn't get 0%; they offered 0% for 24 months, but not on longer terms, so i guess it wasn't technically 27.6 out hte door. basically 27.6 (purchase price of car) + TTL and interest. Austin dealership seems more hesitant to part with the car at that price, but I'm pretty sure they'll accomodate if they know you're serious.

yup 27.6 with a promised STS shifter that's not on my car yet. I'm supposed to have included oil changes at 7.5k intervals for two years and 1 years car wash. I didn't get 0%; they offered 0% for 24 months, but not on longer terms, so i guess it wasn't technically 27.6 out hte door. basically 27.6 (purchase price of car) + TTL and interest. Austin dealership seems more hesitant to part with the car at that price, but I'm pretty sure they'll accomodate if they know you're serious.

Heh. An OCI of 7.5K so they can void your warranty.

Archived