LegacyGT.com

What's ur top speed?!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
210km/h and it was still pulling hard. But maybe the limiter was not far... BTW it was on a clear highway, during daytime, on a long stretch. The car was still very stable, more than wy WRX at 200 km/h. Impressing

Because the legacy is drive-by-wire, bouncing off the rev-limiter doesn't hurt the car. All the ECU is doing is stopping and resuming fuel flow. This is called hysteresis. It is designed for the single reason of protecting the engine. So when you hit the rev-limiter now and then, don't worry it is just the ECU doing its job and the car is TOTALLY fine. Mojo
I keed I keeed

[quote name='Alex1']what happenes at the limiter? the engine shut off or what?[/quote] No, it just kind of cuts out. My Audi would shut off and bascially coast down 5mph then come back to life. The Sube is different, in a good way.

[quote name='Flo4Legacy']150 mph (240 km/h) on the autobahn. :D No limiter here ... By the way - I love to point that out :twisted:[/quote] BASTARD! :x I lived in Germany for a couple of years when I was growing up. Unfortunately we had a Citroen 2CV (like Richard Dreyfuss drove in American Grafitti for those of you that don't know what that is, looks like a bug-eyed, two cylinder toaster with wheels) and a Volkswagen van. Going 70 on the A-bahn for my family was FLYING!

Yeah it is fun to drive that fast on the autobahn if there isn't much traffic. But there are 2 disadvantages driving that fast: - The engine guzzles the gas through it's cylinders like a Bavarian a "Mass" beer trough his throat. :D - We know have too much traffic so I have to slow down to the speed of the others very often. Another thing is that we have the autobahn here in Germany, but also have to pay a leg and an arm for the gas. What is the price in US at the moment ? I paid EUR 1,16 per litre today ... :cry: Ok, the mileage done in a year may not be that high as average US folks do.

I have not been past 125mph for lack of opportunity. I need to find a long straight road with no troopers to test this question. I have hit the throttle limiter 1 too many times in first and second. Gas in the US is running $1.75 USD to $2.65/gallon of premium depending on where you live. Here in Utah it is currently $1.97/gallon. John

Don't you guys get scared of the police? This may be shocking (due to stereotypes), but although I'm only 19, I rarely speed, and if I do it's only like 85 max. Cops are getting smarter these days and I have no idea where they are hiding..
-ben

I moved from Michigan to start a new job in Undisclosed, North Carolina. NC has a-lot of highways and freeways that aren't used daily. NC doesn't have enough cops to monitor all these miles. After 3 tickets I have developed a mechanism to detect and avoid cops, without a radar detector. 1. Always scan road ahead in a figure-eight motion 2. Don't speed over hills or areas where you can't see the other side e.g. cars, cops 3. Never NEVER speed alone, always go in packs, if there is no pack, instigate others to follow, never lead or trail unless you have good cover e.g. trailer truck, other cars 4. Develop an attack plan: don't just speed and go thru a congested pack using on-the-fly decisions. Plan ahead 5-10secs, look at the attitude of the cars ahead and judge the best route thru. 5. Always follow all traffic rules excluding speed limits in non-construction areas. Most important, USE TURN SIGNALS 6. Never NEVER ignore your back, frequently scan your rear-view mirror for cops that may have just entered the highway from a ramp or from off the road. 7. Look for cops in embankments or turns, they are very obvious on long stretches. 8. Remember and embed the front and back shape of cop cars in your mind. If you think you see a similar or close shape, don't even take the chance. I did and I got caught. In NC, they are mostly marked Crown Victorias and some unmarked CVs and Camaros. 9. Don't rely on radar detectors, I think they can give a false sense of security and too much confidence. If you rely on scanning the road and judging the situation, you will do much better. 10. Leading is better than trailing because it eliminates the chance of becoming collateral damange, unless you are hit from the back. Basically, maintain SITUATIONAL AWARENESS and know when NOT TO SPEED by learning from your mistakes or near misses. I bet everyone here had a near-miss moment. You don't realize so until it has passed and your adrenaline has subsided. Don't just push it to the side and say I was lucky. You may not be the next time. Hope this makes you a better and less risky driver. Yeah and never speed in wet weather. Did you know that a slight drissle is worse than full rain. That is so because the slight drissle mixes with the dirt and oil on the road and creates a very slippery and dangerous surface. On the other hand, full rain washes away the dirt and oil, and reduces the slipperiness but is still dangerous. Mojo
I keed I keeed

recently opened it up to 110 on a Nj highway last weekend... the car felt like it had a whole lot more to give too :) didn't want to take it any further due to traffic and police concerns.. but i did get a mustang to take the bait, and he became my mobile speed trap detector the whole trip :)

A few times to the 120s but now that I have a speeding ticket I can't be doing that for a long time again. Damn 81 in a 70 just cuz I was out of state plated.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Tip: Avoid posting info about where you live or remove it because finding your legacy won't be that hard using the your state's DMV database. I know the police or Subaru can use anything you say against you. Just to be on the safe side, don't post it anywhere on any car sites. Mojo
I keed I keeed

I don't understand this but Car & Driver states it's Governed at 136mph but this test states it does 0-150mph in 26.2 seconds. Link is below if anyone want's to check it out. [url="http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8550&page_number=6"]http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8550&page_number=6[/url]

Archived