LegacyGT.com

Looking into getting a car soon. '05 LGT?

The_DG

So, I have a truck that I drive right now, a 2008 Ford F150 v6, its kinda fun, but really its somewhat slow and feels under-powered often, plus most of the time I feel like I need more seats more than a pick-up bed.

The only small issue I have is I kinda need to be able transport my Kawasaki Mojave quad around when I go to ride with friends. I have a pretty light trailer I built in shop class a few years ago that I use, can you possibly pull a light trailer with a car?

But the main issue is I'm probably looking getting a '05 or '06 Legacy GT, I did look into WRX's some but they just are a little smaller and same power so really no point to me, plus they look alot more like a cop magnet.

I have looked around on some recent deals of people selling Legacy's, the best one I have found is this one http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3576570064.html

or this one

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/3570822594.html

Probably wont get a car until close to the end of the summer but trying to get ahead of the issue so I can have everything worked out when I can get one.

Thanks for any help you guys. Been looking around and really liked some of the cool DIY mods and other things I've seen on this forum.

I wouldn't plan on towing with a LGT. It says it has a 2700 pound limit with a 200 pound tongue weight. But you are putting stress on a drivetrain many here worry about unloaded.

My advice would be to pick up a cheap pickup for the cost of the repairs towing could do to the Legacy.

• Moderators
I wouldn't plan on towing with a LGT. It says it has a 2700 pound limit with a 200 pound tongue weight. But you are putting stress on a drivetrain many here worry about unloaded.

My advice would be to pick up a cheap pickup for the cost of the repairs towing could do to the Legacy.

Lots of people tow with their LGTs with no problems: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/all-one-towing-reference-199643.html

There's not a ton of info there, but a small taste. In general if you end up with a 5EAT a transmission cooler is a good idea. Upgraded brake pads and a good brake flush is also probably a good idea. Other than that just do some searching about it, I'm sure you can find lots of folks towing with their LGTs (within reason, of course).

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Ok, I have considered a Forester, cool cars. But - I really want a Legacy for a couple of reasons, need to get better gas milage than my truck, (doing ~17mpg) and, I really would rather have a car, I kinda want something quick and more responsive feeling.

Although a Forester would be kinda cool - did look at some stuff people are doing to their Foresters and I would consider one if I found one for the right price. But I personally would rather have a car.

Like I said, my towing would be extremely light, like a light 12ft trailer I built and a quad in it. Thats it. But, yeah a car probably wouldnt work the best for that. I would like to go and buy a cheap pickup but since I'm 18 and got into 1 accident insurance for two cars would kill me. Its expensive enough for just the truck I got now.

Unless maybe if I got lucky and found some really cheap older Ranger or something like that in good condition. If I found one like my dad's little ranger ('87 - stick, 2.9L v6) I would love it - but not many in as good of shape as his.

Funkyman831, That LGT looks really nice. Question, its not this one is it?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/3570822594.html

I think it is, why you selling it? Or is that listing just old?

I'm not completely into getting a new vehicle for a little while until near the end of the summer when I will be able to have more cash built up and also will be getting ready to go to school so will be wanting the car more then.

I actually bought it from ARC auto on Tuesday! It is a great car let me tell you. If you were looking for better gas mileage though... definitely not the right car to go for. I knew that when I was buying it though. It hauls some serious ass though. It actually had an SPT Intake installed on it so it sounds like a jet taking off. Hopefully getting some Cat backs installed soon.

Haha, nice dude. I'm envious. Do you live in KC?

Kinda considering a Forester some more now, cause I do alot of outdoors stuff and it has more hauling space, and if I took out the back seat would have alot more hauling space.

Archived