LegacyGT.com

Epic Engineering Springs for Wagons

Gray Ghost

Hey all. I just ordered some Epic springs for my '05 LGT wagon. They will be going on new KYB GR2's. I was wondering if people with this setup are running saggy butt spacers or not. Are they needed to level it out or is it pretty good without them. Thanks!

I did some Epics with the Koni inserts in my 06 Wagon and installed the 3/8" spacers in the rear, and the wheel gap is even F/R. I was debating between the 1/4" and 3/8", glad I went with the bigger of the two.

You will need longer studs if you go with the 3/8" spacer.

Epic springs are now on the new GR2's. I used Paranoid Fabrication 1/4" rear spacers. The stance is great, just a slight bit higher in the back. Ride/handling compromise is much better now. Smooth over bumps and feels solid in the corners. Should be a good DD setup. The Ions I had on before were just too much spring for these shocks. Pics soon.

• 3 weeks later...
how is it on pot holes and on cracks in the pavement (we have ALOT, but really ALOT of them in Quebec...)?

I'm not gonna lie, even with the mild drop and gr2's you are still going to feel the bad roads a lot more than stock. My commute to and from work is pretty routine. I know where the majority of the potholes are and avoid them like the plague.

Where did you guys buy your spacers from? I'm guessing the sedan requires saggy butt spacers as well?

Not required, but i've read on the forum that sedans use them, especially if they are loaded up in the rear with aftermarket sound system components. Got them at fastwrx.com because they are local to me.

I did some Epics with the Koni inserts in my 06 Wagon and installed the 3/8" spacers in the rear, and the wheel gap is even F/R. I was debating between the 1/4" and 3/8", glad I went with the bigger of the two.

You will need longer studs if you go with the 3/8" spacer.

Which studs are you referring to? About to order the same setup...

Thx

Archived