LegacyGT.com

96 legacy hood swap question

• I Donated
any body parts off a 95 - 99 will fit on your car. With the exception of the front bumper. If you swap between L - GT - Outback you have to change the beam behind the bumper as well

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

any body parts off a 95 - 99 will fit on your car. With the exception of the front bumper. If you swap between L - GT - Outback you have to change the beam behind the bumper as well

awesome i was wondering what interchanged because i wanted the bumper with the round fog lights in it off the new legacys

• I Donated

thats the outback bumper. i have it on my sedan. You have to get the bumper cover and the metal beam behind it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/164872_483049938325_605068325_5714508_1500631_n.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/65774_171453746228937_130507316990247_351057_6747421_n.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Hmmm, That does look kinda cool. I wonder if it would be too low combined with H&R Sport Springs? Mine currently has that gap in the front like Baddogs car. (same wintergreen too)
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

well the hood with scoop is hard to find in my area there are all wrecked. But you might be able to find them at junkyards in your area. The hoods can be found on some outbacks and some GTs. The bumper can be found on outbacks. I recently picked up a bumper hood fog combo for 100 at my junkyard. I've seen bumpers go for as much as 150 used and hoods with scoop as much as $200. Good luck with your purchase and when you go to you local junkyards pick up the hoods and bumpers for cheap and sell what you don't use

• I Donated
Still looking for a non-scooped hood that I will trade a GT scooped hood for! :)

Why would you want to do that?

Sent from my Android powered HTC HD2

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Shit What's it cost to ship a hood. I want the scoop hood

Not a clue. I can check though if you give me your zip code...

Why would you want to do that?

See below...

wrx scoop implant^

This is exactly correct. With the current location of the scoop and the way the lines and bends are, it would be nearly impossible to create a good looking/clean hood swap. A nice, flat, non-scooped hood will be a piece of cake. :)

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Archived