LegacyGT.com

Air bag light

My Air Bag light started staying constantly lit in my dashboard this week, and after doing some research it is the overhead display for the passenger air bag status, being either on or off. It appears I need to pull this down and resolder some wires together. Does anyone know how this thing comes down? Does it have to be pryed off, or are there some screws to release it? Its an 09 SE.

I have the exact issue. I took my car 2007 LGT into my Subaru dealer to see what was up. He told me I was the 4th one to come in this week with the same problem!

They checked all wires and everything and that wasnt an issue on mine.

This is what I got in my write up: Air bag light is on code 26 stored in history, light was not on when tested today, needs the map light airbag light assy replaced estimate to repair $250.

Costed me $50.00 just for them to look at it.

Well if it's the map light just buy one off Ebay for $50 save $200 from stealership. As for the OP's question you have to pop off the light cover with a flat head to uncover 2 Phillips head scres. Undo and pull it down. Replace with new or used unit and done.

Something else I noticed on my car unrelated to the air bag light...On one of my front fenders, there are washers behind the bolts that hold the fender on, and on the other side there are no washers. Is it possible it came this way from the factory?

Same thing with my 09 the AB light is intermittent but I found that moving the passenger seat forward or aft will keep it off for a while. I encountered this yesterday after washing my car and I move the seat to vacuum, once i started my car the light was on. So i played with seat position and the light went off.

The culprit here is the Air Bag module like Max alluded to, it is easy enough to replace if you want to save some $$$.

I had a problem with my airbag light coming on and staying on. I would adjust the seat and that would turn the light off sometimes. It eventually came back and would stay on permanently. Luckily I work at a dealer ship and had a tech who I'm friends with scan the the code for me and it turns out my seat belt buckle was defective. I took it to subaru and they did it under the lifetime seatbelt warranty so they replaced it for free.

tonight on the drive home, the pass air bag light in the middle didnt come on til I was half home, but the off light was on, and of course the air bag light in the dash. Heres my question....does this in any way affect the air bag system, or is it simply just a matter of the light being on or off?

Hey guys I had this same problem during the fall. Intermittent dash red airbag light. It would come on randomly but when it did it would stay on. If I re-started the car a few times it would then go off. I did a lot of research online and it is usually due to a faulty module within the dash itself that needs replaced. I called SOA and got this covered due to it being a safety issue as a courtesy. I had to pay but they sent me a check for the repair. I believe it was in the realm of $350.00. I would try calling SOA because if the airbag light is on the airbags will not deploy.

This is on a 2007 2.5 NA

Archived