LegacyGT.com

Looky looky. Cobb Springs

wrxlvr

It is encouraging that the spring rates are simliar to stock. The struts can't handle higher rates. But, 1.75" in the front sounds like a big drop to me. I would be more comfortable with 1" to maintain suspension travel and keep from looking "slammed".

It is encouraging that the spring rates are simliar to stock. The struts can't handle higher rates. But, 1.75" in the front sounds like a big drop to me. I would be more comfortable with 1" to maintain suspension travel and keep from looking "slammed".

I talked to Jon. He should be getting them in next week. I also confirmed the front drop of 1.75"! The swifts I put on my wagon were 1.25" in the front and 1" in the rear. The wheel gap is equal on front and rear; about 1.5 fat fingers. An extra .75" would put the top of the tire in line with the bottom of the fender. Jon should be getting a picture from Cobb soon showing the after-shot.

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Luxomissle waGONE

http://www.flatironstuning.com/shop/images/Product/large/1157.jpg

Cobb Legacy GT Sport Springs (05 - 06)

A direct replacement for the factory springs, and designed to work with the factory struts, the Cobb Sports Springs reduce the ride height by 1.75" Front, and 1.0" Rear. After testing several spring rates, Cobb found that when using the stock struts, a spring rate nearly identical to stock was ideal for both ride quality and handling.

The result is improved road handling and reduced body roll. Precision CNC cold wound high quality Chrome Silicon steel construction. The springs are powdercoated COBB Blue ina unique process for protection against the elements.

Applications:

- 2005 - 2006 Legacy GT

** Will NOT fit the Outback XT

Cobb Legacy GT Sport Springs (05 - 06)

SKU:924750

Weight:35 lbs.

Price:$250.00

Why would they claim they're designed for the factory struts when the drop is so drastic? Doesn't that cut strut life something like 30%? At least they're priced well.

Why would they claim they're designed for the factory struts when the drop is so drastic? Doesn't that cut strut life something like 30%? At least they're priced well.

I think it's the spring rate that dictates the wear on the struts and not the position of the piston.

If these have the same spring rate at static position then you should be good.

These look really nice.

And I'm thinking stock rates + shorter springs = a lot of bottoming out on the bump-stops, doesn't it? Almost just like cutting your stock springs - seems a little odd.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived