LegacyGT.com

TPMS sensor question for my 08 LGT

BigBlack-V

Ok so since I have had my car I have not had TPMS sensors in my tires. As I understand it the 07-09 LGT has TPMS sensors that have a silver stem while all the other Subarus have a black stem.

A guy on a local forum has part #28103AG010 for sale for $100 obo. I have 17" BBS wheels and I am unsure if the sensors are specific to the car itself or to the wheels and tire that they go in.

Can anyone help me and let me know IF these sensors will work? Also are the sensors wheel/tire specific or car specific?

Jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Sensors *should* be interchangeable, but need to be programmed to your car.

I have a set of wheels that have TPMS and were on two different cars and worked (both subaru) but I have no idea what they did in terms of programming.

Sorry it might not be that much help, but at least I know there are different ones compatible with different cars.. many are also universal. Some have a larger piece on the back that don't fit certain rims/lips.

• I Donated
I believe the TPMS sensors changed somewhere around MY08. Be careful. And yes, they will need to be programmed to your car. Basically, each sensor has a unique serial number that needs to be programmed into the TPMS computer. There are special sensors that let you clone serial numbers, so that you don't have to reprogram twice a year if you run two different sets of wheels, but they are expensive.

See what tpms fit the BBs wheels by calling the dealer. 04 sti right?

I would think they would be interchangeable. Check cars 101. That dude would know this shit.

You have 2 issues. Will the sensors fit your car, and will they fit the wheel.

I understand the programming aspect. The two questions still unanswered are:

1. Are TPMS wheel-specific? Will only certain sensors work with certain wheels? My guess would be "No" for this one.

2. Are TPMS specific to the car? "Yes". Will a certain range of sensors other than OEM work if programmed correctly? "Probably".

They are programed to the car.

A couple years back I bought new sensors that fit Subaru Legacys from a on-line suppplier. the sensors were cheap I think the min order was $25.00 so I had to buy 12 sensors. I only needed four. I gave the other sensors to my mechanic.

Jay, that's Rich in Somersville. He'll be calling me today with a price on tires for the GF's Ford Escape, if I remember I'll ask him if he still has them.

I did a Google search for TPMS sensors, found a bunch of links and places that sell to tire stores.

The sensor were dirt cheap.

B-GTlimited has a programmer if you want to meet him he can program your car for then new ones.

I still just put black tape over the light. I never had the new sensors programmed in the snow tires.

There is a thread here somewhere that I posted the link to the sensors I bought, that was back about April 2011 I think ? Could have been about this time...? in 2011

It's also possible to just put regular valve stems in the wheels. Then put the black tape over the light. Cheapest way out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I've just been ignoring the light for the past 3 winters. This year will be my first without the light due to the Brembo swap this weekend as the 18" winter wheels I bought in anticipation of a future Brembo swap don't actually clear Brembos. As such, I'll have Discount Tire swap my winter tires on to my summer wheels (with the TPMS).

It may be a discussion for another thread, but I have a choice to make next spring. I'll probably get new summer wheels (something lighter) and convert the Rota Gravels to winter duty. When I do that, I want to get another set of TPMS. I saw somewhere that sells programmable sensors that you can set to the same code as your current sensors so you can swap out wheels without reprogramming each time.

That'd be pretty cool if they could program the new sensors to have the same code as the old sensors. One more option is to buy an ateq quickset programming tool. I bought one a couple of years ago and it's a little pricey at around $140, but well worth it in my opinion since I use it on multiple vehicles.

http://www.ateqtpm.com/products/tpms-personal-use/ateq-quickset

Ignore how it says "limited to 4 cars only", it's misleading.

I've got 08 sensors (black stem) mounted on 04 STI wheels with no problems.

As for sensors, it's hit or miss whether or not sensors will fit a wheel. It all depends on the wheel design. That what I've read in the past before biting the bullet and just trying it with the STI wheels.

As for sensors, it's hit or miss whether or not sensors will fit a wheel. It all depends on the wheel design. That what I've read in the past before biting the bullet and just trying it with the STI wheels.

it almost seems like my post means nothing at all...

nothing...

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/027/sexyflanders.gif

• 5 weeks later...

I install and sell tpms clones. They are aftermarket tpms sensors that have the ability to be flashed an id code. If you have the code from the original sensor you can manually enter them in or you can scan the sensor with the tpms tool. The next step you burn the new sensor with the code selected. You then have two sets of wheels with the tpms light out because it thinks you only have one set. Works great and we do them all the time. The are $65 each bit you'll never have to seasonally program your wheels again

Feel free to pm me for more info

Dave

Dave@fastofwestchester.com

http://www.FASTofwestchester.com

Archived