LegacyGT.com

Blown Motor?

I bought an LGT Wagon last year. I'm the second owner. During a three mile trip to town my car just stopped running completely. A compression test revealed that there is no compression and the heads of the spark plugs are dented in. My mechanic thinks that something may have worked its way into the motor itself like a bolt or whatever.

It has 65,000 miles on it. I believe the warranty expired at 60k for drivetrain. Does anyone have any advice of how to handle the situation. The mechanic said that a rebuild could easily tally up to 6,000. It's a 2005. What a bummer and last year at this time the Suburu dealer replaced the trubo charger on it. It's alemon or I have bad luck.

Any ideas?

I would guess it has something to do with turbo that replaced. have the mechanic look for some loose or missing in the intake system.

Good Luck, that really sucks.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had 108,000 when my 05 LGT had a bad rod bearing and I had to replace the shortblock and had a turbo go out at 89k miles. Its been a month since I have had my car. Ordered a new Sti shortblock the EJ257 from a suby dealership in CT for $1750.

Yeah the Top end of all the subaru 2.5l engines fit onto the sti blocks. Depending on what blew up in your engine if you can re-use your top end/pistons/ all that stuff, just buy an STI small block from a dealer for $1500 or so, and re use whatever you can. That's why subaru's are so great, lots of parts are interchangeable. I learned this from the first Subi Sport magazine i bought, i think it was the June/July issue, it had an orange STi wagon on the front. If u can backorder that issue, or look at barns and noble, i saw it still ther 2 weeks ago, it has the entire swap i just mentioned, with pictures, how to's, steps, where to buy parts, it was amazing and will guide you through the process i guarentee. Good luck

Archived