LegacyGT.com

'06 info?

Thanks. I am interested in getting the LGT. Hopefully, I can avoid any costly repairs with my current car until then (or have no problems passing inspection in April). I don't want to have to spend money to fix the car when I'm going to replace it soon.

What are the changes in 06? Any info? perhaps 6-speed manual? I read something about Japan already has a 6 Speed manual non STI, non blitzein but is called a B4 (correct me if i am wrong). I am a 350z owner (i lease it), and looking forward to a 4 door sedan after the lease is over. Legacy GT is my first choice, however, I will miss my 6 speed if Legacy only equips only with 5-speed. MazdaSpeed 6 is also a great car, but I do not like Mazda.

Thank You for all your help!

At the Richmond Auto Show, where I got to see the new (production version) Tribeca a short 4 days after introduction (!!!)- which by the way looks amazing in person, the press photos SUCK - the Subaru rep said the only changes he knew of so far for the MY06 Legacy lineup were the optional DVD navigation, which is also making its debut on the Tribeca, and that would be a retrograde option for the MY05 Legacy. He also said there was increased talk amongst the company about offering more STi parts through dealerships for the Legacy (and others), but thats something that we have all been hearing for a while, and have yet to see materialize (hello and goodbye first of the year).

Oh, he also mentioned that MP3 capability was going to be added, much like in the 3.0R and Tribeca.

I would suspect that Homelink will move from the mirror to the more traditional driver's side visor as was also in the Tribeca.

What are the changes in 06? Any info? perhaps 6-speed manual?

Legacy GT is my first choice, however, I will miss my 6 speed if Legacy only equips only with 5-speed.

I wouldn't count on a 6-speed. From subaru's standpoint, there really isn't a need for it. If it by chance did have one, i would expect the final drive ratio to be just about the same, if not exactly. Essentially making it no different than the current 5 speed.

Great thread ... I'm new here, so .... "Hello" everyone. :D

I've been looking into several vehicles lately. One of which will become my next primary ride. I really like the new Legacy look-and-feel, but I find that it is lacking in a few amenities that I would like to have, at least, the option to be a part of that new driving experience.

Things like the ability to easily add components to the stereo setup (I still like to be able to play cassettes in the car, in addition to mp3's), stereo controls on the steering wheel, 6-speed short-throw manual transmission, and a Navigation system are all options that I'd like to see on the Legacy.

Other than that, I really like the Legacy GT Ltd. package and the nice features that are included. But, if waiting a few more months can score me at least a Nav option, it would be worth it for me to hold off on buying one.

Any other news and/or Web URL's about what options will be available for '06 would be greatly appreciated.

Don't expect many changes for the 06 model. The biggest difference between a 2002 WRX (first time here in america) and a 2003 WRX was a lighted key ring. Sounds like the biggest difference between a 2005 LGT (first time here in america) and a 2006 LGT would be the Navigation option. I wouldn't expect any mechanical or visual changes until atleast 2007, and even then their might not be any because not many people complain about the looks.

a six speed is already available outside the US with the H6 engine. I doubt we would get it anytime soon. one of the reasons subaru did not put the six speed gearbox in the legacy was to keep costs down. besides the 6th gear is really just an overdrive gear anyway. i don't think adding the other gear is going to make that drastic of a performance difference. the new Z's are 6 speed and they are only a tiny bit faster than a 5 spd legacy GT...and its a sports coupe with 30 more horses and lighter.

Archived