LegacyGT.com

Tinting a Pearl White Legacy, what % to get?

goBlue

What % tint to get on a white Legacy?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What % tint to get on a white Legacy?

• 20% all around
    • 35% all around
    • other (please specify in post)

Getting my Legacy tinted at Ziebart next week, need some opinions on what looks good. 20% or 35% all around (not the windshield). If I get 20%, will I able be to see well at night? Pics would be nice too. Thanks! :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would go with a light tint. 35% at most.

why's that? i'm browsing the "Satin White Pearl" pics thread, most tinted ones have pretty dark tint. but i guess for practical reason, 35 is the way to go.

exactly. windows are meant to be seen through. 20% tint may look good, but id rather not get in to an accident.

or getting pulled over. but i was riding in my friend's car, which has 20% tint in the back, i could see just fine at night.

I have a white sedan, got whatever the legal limit (35%?) for the fronts is up here, all the way around. It looks good (check vbgarage), I may have considered doing the rear darker if I had my time back tho..

I have a white sedan, got whatever the legal limit (35%?) for the fronts is up here, all the way around. It looks good (check vbgarage), I may have considered doing the rear darker if I had my time back tho..

i think it looks perfect. if that's 35%, then i'm definitely going with 35%.

oh yeah, btw, should i tell them to cut out the part where the 3rd brake light is located or just let them tint over it.

I have 35% all around on my brilliant silver metallic. I get some cooling during the day, no glare at night, and no attention from cops.

I did have a white car in the past (35% on the drivers windows and 20% in the rear) and can vouch that the darker tint looks sharp - it did come with problems. Was a major pain in the ass at night with the darker tint and I was always holding my breath when I backed up.

My opinion is 35%. Won't draw too much attention and I like the look of the same tint % all around for a sedan.

My 2 cents worth anyways. Good luck.

I have a RB 05 LGT with 10% all the way around. Looks amaaaaaazing! However........ if its raining at night stay home because you can't see at all. oh well I wouldn't trade it for anything. I just have to drive around with my windows down in the city.

35% all around

pics make it look kind of dark for 35%, but definitely looks good.

35% also. It's plenty dark.

yep dark enough

Haha, I have 35% and it looks good but isn't dark enough, for me though. I live in AZ and it just doesn't seem to keep my car to cool. I am going to get 5% in like a week, which I have had on all my previous cars.

5%? isn't that kind of extreme? why don't you try 20% 1st?

I have 35% all around on my brilliant silver metallic. I get some cooling during the day, no glare at night, and no attention from cops.

I did have a white car in the past (35% on the drivers windows and 20% in the rear) and can vouch that the darker tint looks sharp - it did come with problems. Was a major pain in the ass at night with the darker tint and I was always holding my breath when I backed up.

My opinion is 35%. Won't draw too much attention and I like the look of the same tint % all around for a sedan.

My 2 cents worth anyways. Good luck.

thanks! o yeah, that looks perfect. agree with the uniform look so i'm definitely going with 35% all around after seeing those pics. :)

I have a RB 05 LGT with 10% all the way around. Looks amaaaaaazing! However........ if its raining at night stay home because you can't see at all. oh well I wouldn't trade it for anything. I just have to drive around with my windows down in the city.

yea that's why i would never go below 20%...even with 20% it draws too much attention on a white car and doesn't seem practical in bad weather.

I will be gettinh 60% on my red Outback.

wouldn't that be a little too light? i think even 50% is hardly noticeable. why 60%?

i have 35% front, 20% rears

if i could do it again id get 20% all around

either that or 35% all around. uniform look is my 1st priority. but with 20%, if you ever get a "fix it" ticket and have to remove the sides, it would look kind of weird with really dark tint in the back and nothing in the front. :rolleyes:

btw, girl in your ava looks cute, your girlfriend? :lol:

Just got mine done, gonna take better pics when i get it washed.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2534000-2534999/2534738_23_full.jpg

looks pretty clean to me. i'm guessing that's 20%?

you guessed right. The picture was taken at a distance, upclose you can see were the trees are craping all over it. gotta get a car cover.

Thinking about getting the sun shade done to darken the front just a bit.

Very nice. I agree that a darker tint certainly looks sharp, especially on a white car.

Based on past experience the only problem is with police attention and night driving. If you can live with the dark tint all the power to you as it looks sharp sharp sharp.... :D

<-- 15% all around. Can see out just fine and never been harassed by cops(for the tint anyway). Dark enough but not too dark for contact lenses at night.

I don't think the cops would give you a hard time with tints on a Legacy. This is a family sedan. ;) Highly modded STi is another story. IMO the 35% is perfect because it is not an attention graber.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

IMO cops shouldn't harass LGT's either but in NY they will pull over anyone for dark tint. My boss just got pulled over in a Nissan Titan with the stock tint that is some rediculous 60% or something. I got 2 tickets last year for it on mine. one for 180!!

Archived