LegacyGT.com

SPT Intake

Niko_lgt

Hey guys, someone told me that the SPT intake is as less efficient as the stock one?

Thoughts on this?

It would be a shame to have to put the stock one back in or have to get another one since I paid around 160 for the SPT.

It's a really crappy intake and notoriously difficult to scale properly. I always beg people to take these things off and have me tune them with the stock intake on instead. As mentioned, your stock intake is good well past 350whp and no gain will be found below that range.

Pros: Sounds kewl mang.

Cons: Can hardly be tuned around to get a stable AFR, and running lean will damage your engine. May get less power than stock depending on how much work you put into keeping hot air off the filter. Flows no more than stock until into much higher flow ranges than your stock turbo can manage.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

AVO / K&N etc. panel filters are not shown to make any more power, but have notably poorer filtration efficiency.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Well so far my mods with this intake that I've had on for over 6 months.

1. Perrin inlet hosing.

2. BNR 16g turbo.

3. Invidia uppipe.

4. Invidia downpipe w/ high flo cat

5. 3" catback exhaust.

6. Infamous performance oil filtered kit for the turbo.

7. Forget exactly what they are called. The butterflies in the TGV I believe. Had them removed.

8. New spark plugs, but overall that's it. I will be getting a tune. Will this be enough of airflow for the SPT? Or just overall this intake isnt any good?

I unfortunately don't have a heat shield for it. But could get one, depending on how necessary it is? Or I'll just install the stock one back in.

Archived