LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

There will be a nice collection of parts rolling in tomorrow so I figured I'd start a journal. And a stock turbo I picked up from a scrapyard will arrive at BNR for a 20G upgrade tomorrow as well.

Updated 10/2/15:

Power

Cobb AP (tuned by Cleo at IAG Performance)

BNR 20G

ID 1000s

Walbro 255 pump

ETS manifold with twin Tial MV-S 38mm wastegates

AVO TBE (added double wall rolled tips)

Custom FMIC with Vibrant 12810 and AMS crash bar (GR STI)

Tial Q BOV

Suspension

RCE Tarmac Zero

Group N front top hats

Whiteline 26mm F & 24mm R adjustable sways (powdercoated hot candy blue w/rear supports coated yellow nugget)

AVO adjustable F&R endlinks

AVO rear sway mount brace

Brakes

GR STI F&R Brembos painted Porsche Speed Yellow w/black lettering

Mach V F&R lines

DBA T3 4000 slotted F&R rotors

Cosworth Streetmaster F&R pads

1mm titanium shims F&R

Driveline

Clutch Masters FX300

STI short shifter

Perrin short shifter adapter

Perrin shifter bushing

Group N trans mount

Whiteline KDT901 positive shift kit

Whiteline KDT902 positive traction kit

Whiteline KDT903 rear differential inserts

Whiteline KDT905 rear mount bushings

Wheels/tires

Gram Lights 57Xtreme 19x9.5 +43

Continental ExtremeContact DW 275/35/19

Winter - Prodrive GT1 matte anthracite 18x7.5 +48 on Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 225/45/18 with 3mm spacers

Audio

Kenwood DNX-893S

Kenwood CMOS-200 backup camera

Kenwood Sirius adapter

PAC steering wheel controls

JDM dash kit

Misc.

Primitive 3/16" skid plate

Hella Supertones powdercoated wrinkle black w/Subimods bracket & Lightwerkz harness

Lightwerkz HID conversion with blacked out housings

Fumoto oil drain valve

PIAA SI-Tech wipers

PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow fog lights bulbs

Recaro Sportster CS in black leather - Euro spec with side airbag - mounted on Planted bracket with Recaro sliders

Grillcraft grille

2013+ satellite antenna paint matched SSM

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arriving tomorrow...

Clutchmasters FX300

ID 1000cc & adapter harness

DW300 fuel pump

NGK one-step colder plugs

Cobb EBCS

AVO adjustable front endlinks

Also ordered this week...

OEM gaskets & hardware for turbo install

OEM flywheel bolts for clutch install

OEM gauge pod

Cobb XLE bypass valve

Whiteline lateral lock kit

Infamous Performance turbo oil line filter kit

Extra lines and fittings for kit to work on 5th gen (thanks BigBopper)

PLX DM-100

PLX AFR module

PLX boost module

PLX oil pressure module

PLX EGT module

Whiteline 26mm F & 24mm R sways. I want to powdercoat these...any suggestions on colors? Thinking about yellow...same as I did on my STI.

Dropped off sway bars to be powder coated today. Bars will be a candy blue similar to World Rally Blue, rear mount supports will be yellow nugget (yellow with a little orange metallic flake). I will say Whiteline has improved their powder coating since I bought bars for my STI 3 years ago. Back then they did not even put a clear coat on, a big no-no when using metallics. They certainly use a clear now and they look far more durable than before. But never the less, I wanted to add a little color to seldomly seen parts.

PLX gauges got here today and all other parts have arrived except the turbo from BNR.

The bad news is I won't be able to get it tuned until the end of June. Going to have Jorge tune it on Speed Density when he comes to IAG next month. I have a planned trip the weekend of his May tuning session and won't be able to install the clutch until 3 weeks from now anyway.

Parts arriving left and right...the UPS man is starting to resemble Santa Claus.

TUNING UPDATE 8/25/13

Car was tuned this morning by Jorge at IAG. Car made 315/319. Jorge spent a significant amount of time trying to combat boost creep & heat soak. He said the turbo is creeping to 20psi and could not be dialed back down to 18 or 19. Therefore he was not able to limit boost as he would prefer to in that situation and had to pull timing out of the tune in the upper RPMs (5500-7000). He said the turbo had more in it and wanted to continue making power but the IATs he was seeing at 20psi in the higher RPMs were leading to detonation so he had to scale back the timing. At 20psi IATs were going from 80-90° F in the middle of the rev range to around 160° F at 5500 RPM.

I knew the car would be limited by the relatively small turbine wheel and the TMIC. When I dropped it off Thursday I discussed Aquamist kits with the guys at IAG, which they pretty much steered me away from, and also having them possibly make a custom FMIC in the future. I am a fan of efficiency so I'd like to get everything possible out of this turbo.

All in all, a very positive experience at IAG. All the guys there are very friendly and as professional as they can be.

And yes, it feels like an entirely different car!

913660876_IAGtune8-25-13.thumb.jpg.cba6668704f9e41e9c91f6e2dfaea3e3.jpg

I will be interested in seeing how that clutch works out for you given my experience with the FX100.

I'm inferring you are not a fan of the FX100. What are your main complaints?

Mike from Infamous pointed me in the direction of the FX300 over the ACT HDSS.

I'm inferring you are not a fan of the FX100. What are your main complaints?

Mike from Infamous pointed me in the direction of the FX300 over the ACT HDSS.

Far too much chatter for a street car. I hope you have different results.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/ebo05jmu/11%20LGT/IMG_20120816_182819.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/ebo05jmu/11%20LGT/IMG_20120816_183034.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/ebo05jmu/11%20LGT/IMG_20120723_185332.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/ebo05jmu/11%20LGT/IMG_20120723_185434.jpg

Damn, I've got 3 out of 5 of those PLX bits sitting on a shelf here, never got around to installing them.

Before you took the broken photo links down, it looked like there was a space in the URL. Get that space out of the folder name on PB, that'll help a lot of broken links, though it may create some new ones if you've linked a lot of things to that folder...

• 2 weeks later...
I won't get around to it until the weekend of June 7.

Doing it yourself?

If so you should make a DIY. Also don't forget to buy new pressure plate and flywheel bolts as they are all torque to yield.

Doing it yourself?

If so you should make a DIY. Also don't forget to buy new pressure plate and flywheel bolts as they are all torque to yield.

Never replaced a clutch before so I'm getting a friend to help. He is mechanic by day and a highly skilled one at that so he could probably do it with his eyes closed.

I did buy new flywheel bolts but from what I understand the pressure plate is included in the Clutch Masters kit.

I would say chances are slim that I will do a DIY writeup...flat out too lazy. But I will post any pointers that may be unique to the 5th gen or unusual in general.

Pay a lot of attention for the next clutch replacement. They get easier every time. After a couple clutches on my old 240Z, I got so good at it that I could do it in 2 hours from wheels up to wheels down, in the driveway, by myself. And I started doing it for friends too as long as they brought beer and pizza. :lol:

Archived