LegacyGT.com

Stuck between a UEL header and a catback

ethank

My budget for this is 400-430$ ( all I can currently afford) now, I'm happy with the sound of my 1997 Subaru Legacy GT (2.5) but I want it to be louder. I have a magnaflow muffler installed already and my resonator welded off. I just need something to make it louder, and I've been told both a UEL header would make it louder & give it more rumble. But a downpipe & midpipe replaced would make it louder than a header, I don't want to buy a header off eBay and then have it not make a difference in the volume, any suggestions?

So I got a quote for two high flow cat converters for 680$ total. A little past my budget, I can save for it but I'm not sure if it would improve the sound volume. The mechanic seems to think it will since they are high flow, compared to my stock ones. I asked him about the header and he agreed that it wouldn't change the volume of the sound that much, and would be better to do the two high flow cat converters. Does anyone agree? Do I have any other cheaper options that would increase the volume?

Cut off the muffler and replace with a piece of pipe.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived