LegacyGT.com

Check Engine - Flashing Cruise Control - Flashing "S" Mode

Good morning!

2009 Legacy Spec B >36,000 (Barely)

Last night i hit a bump exiting the highway. I had cruise ON, but not ENGAGED, and as i hit this bump i noticed that the check engine light came on steady, the Traction Control Light came on steady and the Cruse and S-I light was flashing S.

Having heard about Turbo problems infecting the rest of the engine, i decided to play it safe and I pretty much idiled home.

I shut off the car, waited a minute and turned it on again, with the same results as above.

My Subaru Dealer's closed for the holiday weekend.

Any insight?

Use a Code Reader or AccessPort to pull the DTC code(s). All here can better advise once we know whats wrong. Emissions??

On an aside, if this is a soft code, the check engine light will turn off after 3 successful on off cycles (normal driving) if the malfuntion is not detected again.

Ah, thanks. I have neither a code reader or an access port.

but, i have shut off the engine and turned it on several times. I still have the same condition, and the check engine light does not shut off. Nor can I switch between S and I modes.

Thanks again!

Search on here for the self check to our CEL's.

You plug the white connectors under the steering wheel together, turn ignition to ON, but don't start, then hit the Odometer button in the dash. Watch the ODO for a few seconds and record the codes. If there are more than one, it will cycle through them... Also you can keep hitting th odo button to see if you get another set of codes, not sure what that does though.

This works on my 05 lgt, not sure how the specB's are set up.

Ah, thanks. I have neither a code reader or an access port.

but, i have shut off the engine and turned it on several times. I still have the same condition, and the check engine light does not shut off. Nor can I switch between S and I modes.

Thanks again!

Did you get the problem identified? You don't want to be driving around in LIMP mode for long.

Yesterday, my 2005 Legacy 2.5GT (65,000mi) experienced a similar problem. The car recently sat 7 days while I was gone on vacation then I took it out yesterday for a short trip. It sat in the parking lot for about 1.5 hours then I came back out to go home and the Check Engine light was on solid and the green Cruise light was flashing. It stayed like that the whole way home (about 4 miles) and it still doing the same thing this morning.

Yesterday, my 2005 Legacy 2.5GT (65,000mi) experienced a similar problem. The car recently sat 7 days while I was gone on vacation then I took it out yesterday for a short trip. It sat in the parking lot for about 1.5 hours then I came back out to go home and the Check Engine light was on solid and the green Cruise light was flashing. It stayed like that the whole way home (about 4 miles) and it still doing the same thing this morning.

Find out what the code is.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sorry i never updated. I brought it in with 35,820 Miles on it. they checked the code, and it was a report for the catalytic converter. they reset the code and told me to keep an eye on it. If it goes, i now have proof that it went within warranty.

Archived