LegacyGT.com

Anyone Trade in their 2.5i for the Legacy GT?

I just did this folks and although I feel somewhat guilty with the dealer raping me on my vehicle trade in, I still feel much better about the gt and the monthly payment than the $100 bucks less per month and hating the acceleration in the N/A. Basically I lost ~$4K with the taxes and 06 2.5i vehicle depreciation and then bought a new 05 legacy gt for about $24K. Higher monthly but when you are paying $425/month for a vehicle I did not like the extra monies seem well worth it. Insurance is a bit higher also but in my heart I feel like you have to love your car when you slave to pay our cars every month...I definitely did not love the N/A with prius and minivans blowing me away...of course the N/A handled better than those cars but when you have no acceleration its no fun. The GT is a purfect blend of power and handling. We'll see how it holds up over the long run over the N/A but so far I LOVE this car.

Recommend taking the GT plunge even if you have bought the N/A.

welcome back zach. I don't think you paid as much $$ in tax as you think. You only pay the difference in trade in value so you really don't take much of a hit there. You do however take it in the _ss with the depreciation value on the 2.5i when you trade it in so soon.:( The GT is the far better choice for out accelerating mini-vans and Prius's!!:icon_bigg:cool:
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Thanks for the feedback. I always wanted the GT, the N/A was never an option for me. It is better for you to have realized what you needed before you ended up really hating the 2.5i.

GL

X

---

Getting beat by the prius and minivans? I mean come on. You're saying a 1.5L 110hp net power CVT engine is smoking you, were you never shifting? And minivans? I think the hyperbole brush washed over that post. Now you're not wrong, the GT is better (obviously) but give credit where it's due, the 2.5i is a pretty decent car.

the 2.5 is a good car, but I bet if you looked at the -60 on some minivans it is faster than the 2.5n/a.

Besides, I think the post was that the 2.5 was really slow and the examples were Only to make a point.

I had a 97gt 165 hp and it was a DOG. The reaseon I sold it after a year. The 250hp gt is why I am back

Archived