LegacyGT.com

5EAT Woes, dealer out of ideas

eddiemoney

Looking for any ideas.

2008 LGT, 5EAT, 40K miles - zero mods

Started to feel a shutter at 35-40, typically in 3rd or 4th when between 1300 and 1800 rpm, sometimes just a vibration, sometimes felt like rumble strips. Took it into the dealer to assist diagnosis - my local dealer has been very helpful - additionally I thought it was the TC TSB, unfortunately Subaru said it isn't.

Dealer hooked up a computer to it, verified the 'shutter' was occurring in every gear before any gear change. It's easiest to duplicate when on a slight incline with very minimal throttle (right in that 1300-1800 rpm range). Dealer has confirmed they do not believe its related to the torque convertor. Spent a lot of time with Subaru of America I am told as well. They took the pan off, no chunks or anything and fluid all looks good (was also changed at 30k). They have stated they are out of ideas without tearing into the transmission to look for something (quoted like 5500 for a subaru reman trans if it got that bad). They did a TCM relearn which made it better, but its still there....

I'm frustrated, with only 40K miles I should not be having any transmission issues. My wife drives the car, very 'softly' I might add - it has never been beat on in any manner.

Thoughts, opinions? Reaching out for any help...

Thanks in advance

Archived