LegacyGT.com

Perrin intercooler fit issue

Get the Perrin spacer kit ($15 IIRC from Perrin directly) then use a Mr Gasket Chevy 350 thermostat gasket (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-738g?seid=srese1&gclid=CKGlsJaM0LYCFYU5Qgodzi4Asg) and it should give you a bit of clearance. I then used a longer bolt and some washers to get some clearance over the clutch slave cylinder. Lining it up is a PITA and the stock TB hose sucks to connect up, but it can be done.

Thanks for the input, im still running stock turbo right now but the guy threw in the Perrin when I bought the car. You guys think its worth putting in now or just selling? How much of a difference does it make in the car?

Stock turbo and tune it makes no real difference. If you plan to go stage 2 (ecu tune,downpipe, and uppipe,etc) and bigger turbo in the future then yes its worth it. Or sell it and buy a process west / fmic.

Even with stage 2, you don't really have to have an aftermarket TMIC (so long as you bullet-proof it). OP if you are unsure of your future plans I would sell it and use the money for something else.

EDIT: I just saw your other post with your mod list. If you already have a built block then yeah you should probably not use the OEM TMIC. Now its up to you if you want to sell it and get a different one with easier fitment. Welcome!

Get the Perrin spacer kit ($15 IIRC from Perrin directly)

FWIW, they sent it to me for free, no shipping, nada. It cut the clutch M/C interference down a bit, but the fit still wasn't perfect. You can try stacking some washers below the driver-side mounting point to raise the TMIC a bit, but it really needs to be pushed forward.

Do you know what eliminated 100% of my Perrin fitment issues? Installing a Group N tranny mount. By the time I had installed it & discovered that tidbit, though, I had already ordered a PW TMIC. Oh well.

Tits mcgee

Archived