LegacyGT.com

Vermont Shops

09DgmLGT

Hey everybody I'm just wondering where any of you in the greater Burlington, VT area head to get any work done to your vehicles? I searched and can't come up with much, and after my trip to B-town Subie Thursday I've reaffirmed why I try to do as much of my own work as I can.

Since there are local owners I ask you all: who do you use? Someone who listens doesn't treat you like an idiot, and you can trust.

This all came about since I had a clutch whizzing and took my 09 LGT (13K miles) to the Subie dealer, they didn't hear it (shocker) so it'll be back again for a check when it happens again. Figured I'd have the snows put on while I was there & have them check the alignment ...figured it can't hurt with the soft snows and my steering wheel has been a bit off center, but the car tracked straight.

All I got back from them was $129 bill for the "alignment special" no printouts, no roadforce printouts showing they matched my rims to my tires, just the bill ... which amazed me, no explanation of how far out if out of wack anything was. At the time I wasn't thinking and that's my fault for trying to do too much in too little time, there was a Switchback meeting I needed to get to! I'm going to contact them Monday to ask for them, which I'm sure they don't have. The stock s*it RE92s have completely even wear when I put them in storage last night so a bit annoyed. Even Sears in Plattsburgh gave me printouts for alignments when I had my chicks old Integra GS-R & my Prelude done over there with new snows. :mad: Or Can-tech in Syracuse who explained to me and showed me all the roadforce balancing printouts and work ... uggh

Thanks a ton, hope to hear some feedback!

-Ted

Last winter I drove up with the family to Jericho to stay at my cousins house. My car broke down and these guys: http://autosmithvt.com/ did a good job taking care of my car. they specialize in subies.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Goss in Williston (now called Vianor or something) has done me well when it comes to tires, mounting and alignments and I am very picky ... no f'ing dealers in my sights!

Awesome, thanks for the information! Yup, it's Vianor now - changed the name last winter (I think), it's on my way to a gym I used in South Burlington.

I'm in agreement about dealers, only reason I did was because of the clutch whizzing. Had the same runarounds with Automaster in Shelburne with my Prelude ... imagine that. It's sad when you ask for something or understand what you're talking about they seem to be threatened and will become even more distant with you as a customer.

Last winter I drove up with the family to Jericho to stay at my cousins house. My car broke down and these guys: http://autosmithvt.com/ did a good job taking care of my car. they specialize in subies.

Thanks, I'll keep them in mind too.

Anyone use a speciality shop otherwise - I've read Kale's Custom is in Essex on NAISOC but haven't seen much about them on here.

Autocreek in Vergennes, they specialize in Subies. It's right on 7. They also deal in used subies exclusively. Groff got work done there, not sure if you've seen him around but he's put a ton of work into his whip.

Nice, I've seen that name thrown around as well on here & NAISOC ... went by there on my way back from Middlebury on Saturday, they're just before the 22b cutoff I think (heading south). I want somewhere when/if I need work, that I can't do myself, I do feel comfortable and I'm not treated like an idiot. Nor do I want any crap about how I've made necessary upgrades to my car :-)

Thanks for the info! I'll stop by VIANOR this week - need to get winters for the lady's Outback anyway so maybe kill 2 birds with one stone. Have them put my car on a rack check the alignment and respin the tires.

Archived