LegacyGT.com

moving to ct

mdzowner

so it looks like ill be making a move in the next few weeks. will be looking in the fairfield, milford, trumbell area. ive been looking at merrit river apartments and some other rentals. if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

thanks

Defintely a pricey area of the state to move into... But with your budget, you shouldnt have an issue.

Fairfield

Milford

Trumbull

thats the order of highest class, with fairfield being the highest.

With that being said, there are nothing wrong wtih the other two towns, and they are still full of money. lol

There are some nice condos in milford that are on the beach.... A little bit of googling can likely find them - take a look at those.

Im not a huge fan of that area of the state along the 95 corridor... They are encapsulated into their own little world down there. Attitude wise, and travelwise. Traffic is intense. The are all however close to route 8.

Not sure why you are moving, or what you need to be close to - but if you want to be a little more removed from that area, but still only 10-15 min away... Try shelton. A bit more country, but the town itself has really come along way. The further up the route 8 corridor, the more hit or miss it will become until you go north of waterbury.

Call the tax assessor in each town and see what your car taxes will be.

Contact, PM, "CT08Spec.B" and see what he can do for insurance for you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Fairfield county is much more expensive than new haven county with the exception of few places on the coast. Shelton is a nice town. Convenient to everything thats for sure.

Fairfield county is nice, however it is expensive. You can buy a house in New Milford, for the cost of a condo in Brookfield, one town over, just because New Milford is in New Haven County. But, if you live in New Milford, you are a solid 20 mins away from any highways or anything outside of NM.

Norwalk is shitty traffic wise. Plain n simple. All the burbs of Norwalk are the towns that more or less make ct the richest state. The right spot in Trumbull would save u money over some other choices.

I grew up in Shelton before it got all commercialized and I lived in Oxford for a couple years. Granted those are in the valley area but yes Fairfield was super expensive even in your live on the Bridgeport line.

In Norwalk as they said traffic on I95 sucks real bad.

and yes if you need an insurance quote/policy for when you move here please contact me at my office 860-646-6050

Jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I'm in Fairfield myself, not right in the town center but pretty close to it. Close to I-95 and train stations. Fairfield has some pretty good restaurants and bars. South norwalk has a little bit of a bar/restaurant scene. I live in a house with some roommates and my rent is fairly cheap.

I'm in Fairfield myself, not right in the town center but pretty close to it. Close to I-95 and train stations. Fairfield has some pretty good restaurants and bars. South norwalk has a little bit of a bar/restaurant scene. I live in a house with some roommates and my rent is fairly cheap.

see thats the only way to go if you are younger and want to live in that area. If you live with people its affordable and yes SONO does have some nice bars I remember going there about 10 years ago, good times. My fav bar was the one with the rattlesnake in/around the bar.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Archived