LegacyGT.com

do 2007 2.5i run maf as well as maf?

ok so what does that mean for forced induction? I have heard that we run a maf sensor that sends a signal to a map sensor which converts it so the ecu can read it? Also if i had a greddy emanage couldn't I convert our maf sensor to a map?

Currently you have NO options for boost other than fabricating your own setup. You cant swap LGT parts b/c your engine cross member isnt made to accept the Up pipe and your ECU has no idea.

There is a kit in the works from AVO should be nice. The eManage wont work for a EJ25 only Ej20's

You can make a kit easily from a mechanical aspect if you can weld the only other issue would be tuning if you had a Impreza it would be easy but since you have a Legacy it will be a little more tricky but not impossible you will have to use opensource tuning of some sort to flash the map on the ECU

Also you could source parts for cheap as well a VF 40,46 used is cheap and you will have to run rotated so a FMIC is a must oil lines , stock BPV, coolant lines, etc can be pulled from a turbo LGT or WRX

G this is true but if you recirculate the BOV on a turbo setup your MAF should be sufficient to tune with, is it only an eMange that will not work or are all piggybacks exempt from our ecu.. damn i miss my srt and its wonderful MAP sensor!

i dont mean to be ignorant or jack this thread I just want to know how things differ from our cars and LGT's.. but people keep saying if we have 2.5i imprezas it would be easyer.. im under the impression our cars are the same (from a motor stand point)

^^^ is there a 2.5i vs GT comparison thread?

Lets see same everything except engine, ECU, and transmission particularly in the Clutch pack which could be the same but has never been tested.

All body, exhaust from the mid pipe back, interior items are interchangeable, hoods bumpers etc, oh and price :)

also does anyone know if a legacy gt access port would work on a 2.5i? I wouldnt need any maps because I would be sending it to a tuner to do a complete tune on it.

thanks

probably doesn't work, otherwise people would be using it by now. Also, if you can get it tuned, depends on the year and transmission. Not every year has definitions (I know 05 doesn't, dunno about others)

hmm does anyone know if the ecu and engine is the exact same in a 2007 impreza as well as a legacy? I would think they are are COBB just hasnt made one for the legacy because the tune is different. If thats the case I may as well buy one because the tune for custom turbo legacy would be completely different anyway.

Does anyone know why piggybacks will not work on our car?

thanks

Piggy backs wont work because 1. they havent developed one for a Legacy 2. the pin out is different than a EJ205/7 3. Even with the EJ205/7 the piggyback like a UTEC for example only controlled the car when it was in CL

I would imagine the ECU has change drastically from that generation and piggyback usage has given what to AP and OS tuning because the ECU is capable of handling the upgrades just it wasn't programed the best from the factory

Engine is the exact same Plug and Play the ECU is different slightly in the tune placed on it from Subaru Cobb has the definitions for that ECU but not the Legacy YET if you swapped the ECU from an impreza into your legacy there could be issues with the electronics displays etc. The easiest route would be to leave your ECU alone, add the turbo like you planned, and get it road tuned from a tuning shop.

That will be your easiest, most reliable option at this point.

Also you should have a fairly easy go at it if you get your minute items in order first i.e. fittings, lines, couplers, etc.

Fabbing the UP isn't difficult or the IC as long as you can weld and have all the tools on hand one could fab a first draft kit in a day just the main piping and location etc however if you had a notched sub frame it would literally be as simple as bolting on all stock LGT forced induction parts minus the IC you could even used the LGT DP but our IM doesnt allow the turbo inlet to pass :(

Archived