LegacyGT.com

testes1010's '05 LGT Mod thread.

testes1010

I'm Jeremy, same testes1010 on all the Suby forums. I recently sold my 2003 WRX, mod list and dyno chart link posted below.

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN:

- ROMRaider/OpenECU reflash tuned by me

- TurboXS Hyperflow Top Mount Intercooler w/ custom made splitter

- Ultimate Racing EWG Uppipe ceramic coated by Crucial Racing w/ Tial 38mm EWG

- HKS Downpipe ceramic coated by Crucial Racing w/ 3" Magnaflow race muffler & custom 3" SS piping

- BPM XVR crossover pipe with port-matched & ceramic coated stock exhaust manifold, services supplied though Crucial Racing

- Crucial Radiator Shroud

- Ultimate Racing 785cc/min Cylinder Flow Matched Injectors

- Deadbolt Zilla TD05H-20G-7cm^2 turbo

- CoolingMist 150PSI Alky Injection (7gph nozzle @ the TB, 1.3gph pre-turbo, boost pressure switch activated.)

- Hallman PRO MBC

- Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose

- Walbro Fuel Pump 255lph

- XS Engineering CAI w/ GREEN™ filter

- Mr. Josh's Lightened Crank Pulley

- Autometer Gauges (Boost & EGT)

- VDO TMIC exit IC temp gauge(currently disconnected)

- STi Shoft throw shifter w/ Kartboy Shifter bushings

- APS DualVent BPV

- SPEC STG2 Clutch

- ACT Streetlite Flywheel

- STi Group N Tranny Mount

- STi Group N Engine Mounts

- SuperPro Steering Rack bushings

SUSPENSION/BRAKING:

- Hotchkis 25mm Competition Front / Rear Sway Bar/mounts & Rear End Links

- Hotchkis Lowering Springs

- KYB GR-2 Struts F&R

- Porterfield Street Pads F&R

- Group-A Front End links

WHEELS / TIRES:

- Duplicolor Gold Painted stockers

- Falken ZE912 225/50/16 w/ 3-4k miles on them currently

BODY / INTERIOR:

- JDM STi Grill, hood scoop, side skirts, side markers

- Debadged SUBARU

- Koji'd Head lamps

- 20% Tint

- Innovate LM-1 WBO2 custom setup where stock clock was at.

Dyno Graph, 50/50 Meth + 93 vs. 93 octane only, both are 24psig all the way to redline

Why I'm here:

I'm picking up a bone stock 2005 SWP LGT sedan 5MT w/ ~60k miles Sunday. This thread is to document my mods, tuning methods(since I do ALL my own tuning), and results of each stage of the process. So far I've ordered the following items:

- Magnaflow Catback

- Tuning Alliance TMIC

- Hallman Pro MBC(I don't want to hear it, a properly tuned car with a MBC will NOT blow your engine)

- All Weather floor mats(to get in on the VF52 giveaway)

- I'm picking up a uppipe from a buddy

- Bidding on a Invidia DP locally thru EBay

As I said I do all my own tuning using ECUFlash and Romraider. As you could see with my 2.0L WRX I was not afraid to push the envelope.:cool:

I'll keep you posted.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last name is Estes. Nick name I got in highschool, it kinda stuck.

Thats nuts.. :) Welcome.

BTW..If you use the live.com 25% discount, you could get a new Invidia on ebay for about $200! I am thinking of going with invidia, but I want a DP with an o2 bung at the bellmouth.

Fact: putting the wbo2 sensor at the bellmouth will limit the life of the o2 sensor.

There is some debate about this one, and I don't know enough to know who's right. :confused:

Some poeple say it is fine, some say further down the pipe is better (JDM DP 02 location), some say you could use the stock location...sigh.

I just don't know.

some say you could use the stock location

I would much rather see it on the bellmouth than the stock location. The pressure the sensor is seeing in the manifold collector could throw off the readings quite a bit.

If you chose to put it in the bellmouth please use a heatsink to dissipate some the heat away from the sensor.

I would much rather see it on the bellmouth than the stock location. The pressure the sensor is seeing in the manifold collector could throw off the readings quite a bit.

If you chose to put it in the bellmouth please use a heatsink to dissipate some the heat away from the sensor.

I am sure spec B was refering to the rear sensor location. It really depends on the sensor and the heat range. The LC-1's seem to die quickly if exposed to high egt's for a while. My Zeitronics Bosch sensor operates at a higher range (isn't even compatable with my LC-1) and has been installed in the bellmouth for over a year without any problems. It was even purchased used.

So I recommend if buying an LC-1 to either install it perminately a distance from the turbo (before any cats) or just use it temporary to dial in fuel in the bellmouth then pull it.

Oh and welcome :)

I put my LC-1 bung in the bellmouth location about 4" post-turbo. No heatsink. 9 months later it's still working well. I accepted the possibility that I might burn through sensors a little quicker than if located elsewhere.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I'm- Hallman Pro MBC(I don't want to hear it, a properly tuned car with a MBC will NOT blow your engine)

Oh noes you are going to blow your motor :lol:

For sake of discussion, what is your reasoning for going with the MBC?

How must psi are pushing? Thats a big torque number for stg 1.

For sake of discussion, what is your reasoning for going with the MBC?

How must psi are pushing? Thats a big torque number for stg 1.

I was after the absolute quickest response possible. I've ran & tuned many GM, perrin, & prodrive BCS' and nothing beats a quality MBC as far as response goes.

I'm peaking just under 17psi.

11132008.jpg.d6054e72cfd7198ada72b75d5d28a0d3.jpg

Archived