LegacyGT.com

Gas pump launched from car.

I'm not really sure what to make of this. A few days ago, I was filling my car at the gas station. I did what I normally do; I stick the pump in the car, flip the latch and walk away while it fills.

Usually when any car is full of gas, it will stop filling and the pump will lurch a little when the gas stops. This time it jumped all the way out and landed a couple feet away. Some gas spilled on my car and the ground.

Did I totally botch the pump latching part, was it some fluke, or could there be something wrong with something? It's not something I have experienced or heard of before.

id put more blame on the gas pump at the station than anything you may have done, the closest station to my house has a bad nozzle on pump 10 that never stops when full. took me twice of dealing with that before i started paying closer attention. as far as i know, they still havent fixed that sucker, i avoid that pump as much as i can.

I would think they are required by some pollutant law to fix a faulty pump those things are under regulations. I would mention it next time you go in they may not know it's busted

definitely sounds like a pump problem, there is no way it could have been the cars fault nothing able to surge pressure like that in the tank

Archived