LegacyGT.com

Headliner in rear flaps like a kite in the wind

I have a 2011 2.5i. A little over 60K on the odometer. Car is driven hard.

The headliner in the rear (the rear most edge next to the rear glass) just doesn't seem to stay up. :mad: I took the car in for a warranty claim many miles ago (I want to say around 35K or so) and they said it was covered under warranty. They replaced the clips for free, however the labor was not covered; I ended up getting charged something like $175+. Now I have the same exact problem and am faced with letting it flap around (super obnoxious with the windows open), trying to velcro/magnet/adhesive it back on myself, or go through the dealer again and hope for the best (granted the new dealer I use is much better than the previous one).

Has anyone had problems like this before? :confused: Any suggestions? Comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Matt

If you have the paperwork from the last fix, call SOA and see if they can help you. They may be able to have the dealer fix it right.

If not, find a good body shop and have them fix right the first time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 8 months later...

I will have to call them at some point. Just been so busy.

When I took the car in last for an oil change they said it's not covered under the "gold plus warranty". Headliner is one piece and is $500+. I will have to have a word with SOA, since this is not the only issue I have been having. :/

Archived