LegacyGT.com

just need some confirmation about exhaust systems

blackinches

right now i have the prodrive axle back exhaust. i'm looking at getting an up pipe and a down pipe. i was thinking about either the invidia or the cobb dp. since only my mufflers are after market it sounds like i'd have an easier time mating the cobb dp to the rest of my exhaust. is that a correct assumption?

also i have a chance at getting a hks up for cheap, and wanted to know if anybody has had any issues with fitment when using it with the cobb dp.

thanks for the help guys.

a hks what?

UP=uppipe

OP - there shouldn't be issues of fitment between the UP & DP since they don't actually meet - they connect to opposite sides of the turbo. That said, I don't know anything about the HKS UP... Cobb is probably the better choice for DP if you're going to keep the OEM midpipe, since the Cobb DP mates up to the donut gasket there.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

UP=uppipe

OP - there shouldn't be issues of fitment between the UP & DP since they don't actually meet - they connect to opposite sides of the turbo. That said, I don't know anything about the HKS UP... Cobb is probably the better choice for DP if you're going to keep the OEM midpipe, since the Cobb DP mates up to the donut gasket there.

And uses the OEM spring bolts too at the donut gasket connection point for further OEM-like flex in the exhaust.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived