LegacyGT.com

How does one go about getting the seat rails extended?

LookItsAdam

I just got a 2005 manual 2.5GT, it's over 800 miles away at the moment and i'm a little worried that the legroom might be lacking for a 6'5" guy like myself. How much of a hassle would it be to get the rails on the seat extended? Are there other options?

I'm 6''2 with a 34" inseam and I have enough room. Back in the day whenever we moved a seat back it was with bulk steel stock and a welder.

Same heigh and inseam, and I've got plenty of room. My seat is almost all the way back, though.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

My question is have you not sat in one before buying? Because it seems to me that although you can buy a car you have never actually driven that maybe you would drive an equivalent vehicle to ensure that it meets certain crireria. You know like being able to fit in it without major modification.

I have sat in the current generation legacy, it fit me absolutely perfectly. I have had people tell me it's pretty much the same in terms of room. Even if it is too small, the deal was too good to pass up. I am confident i'll be able to drive it, I'm just wondering if the option's open if it ends up being uncomfortable.

honestly though, with this car, with the deal i got, it could be made for midgets and i'd still drive it.

6'4" here and im with the op. with the drivers seat all the way back, the legroom is ok- but could use a few more inches. On the other hand, the passanger seat legroom is terrible. I have power seats on both sides.

subscribed. On my to-do list is to play with the stock rails and do something to lower the seat as much as possible and move it back an inch or two further, while maintaining slider function.

I'm 6'4.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I'm ~6'3" and I'm comfortable most of the time, but I do wish there was more leg/foot room sometimes. If you're on a long trip with cruise set, there's really nowhere else to comfortably rest your right foot. Same with the left foot too, your only option is the dead pedal.

I liked in my Monte Carlo that I had a little room to move around, change positions, and stretch on long drives. Can't do that in the LGT, and I have my seat as far back as it will go.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

A little experiment yesterday - I'm 6'2 and a bit. With the seat all the way back it's a reach to the steering wheel. I really don't feel in control of the car with my arms extended all the way. Same thing with the seat forward a couple of inches. I'd rather have my knee brush the steering wheel than drive at full arm's length from the wheel.

Archived