LegacyGT.com

Inexpensive Brakes?

EvilCamaroSS

It has come time to replace my stock rotors and pads...

I am looking for something inexpensive..

I really don't wanna pay more than $250 for a set of F+R pad's and rotors...

I wouldn't mind drilled / slotted.. I have had better luck with those brakes in the long run.

Of course if the price is right I don't mind them not being drilled / slotted either.

Suggestions?

These don't look bad. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUBARU-LEGACY-GT-TURBO-05-06-07-F-R-ROTORS-PADS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4ced34ca3aQQitemZ330397174330QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Centric is the best cheap stuff, fredbeansparts.com get those and stoptech pads or hps pads. Stay away from eBay stuff it's junk. Made in china brakes.

Those are $310 just for The rotors... not including shipping or pads....

I have eBay brakes on my SS, I track it all the time... Never had a single issue.

rockauto.com, you can get centric blank rotors and ceramic pads f+r for ~ $250 shipped. I am looking at getting the same thing some time soon.

I'll check it out... Rockauto saved me once before... I needed a smaller belt for my under drive pulley on my camaro and they were the only ones I could find that sold it on the net lol.

OEM blanks are the way to go for street use.. did you call up http://www.brakeswap.com or check them out for some options?

Also, all you really need to do is get a better set of front pads (you can keep the rear with some stock pads unless they are running low) so that you can have a slight bias to the front. Most likely you are probably fading out what you have. The GT is a heavy car, and since you are at stage 1, you need more tire (as tires is what makes you REALLY stop.. hitting the ABS under thresholding braking is all fine and dandy until you run out of grip from your tires..

Keefe

OEM blanks are the way to go for street use.. did you call up www.brakeswap.com or check them out for some options?

Also, all you really need to do is get a better set of front pads (you can keep the rear with some stock pads unless they are running low) so that you can have a slight bias to the front. Most likely you are probably fading out what you have. The GT is a heavy car, and since you are at stage 1, you need more tire (as tires is what makes you REALLY stop.. hitting the ABS under thresholding braking is all fine and dandy until you run out of grip from your tires..

I checked them out... they want almost $400 for just rotors...

I have upgraded tires... The stock breaks work fine for me, they just need to be replaced. I know in the past I have found it cheaper to get drilled and slotted, but It doesn't look that way for this car.

I checked them out... they want almost $400 for just rotors...

I have upgraded tires... The stock breaks work fine for me, they just need to be replaced. I know in the past I have found it cheaper to get drilled and slotted, but It doesn't look that way for this car.

Huh? We have slotted/coated rotors right now for $279 SHIPPED front AND rear pairs.

http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=L&Category_Code=LGTSpecial

If you really want the slotted AND drilled, PM me. In the interest of ridding myself with my remaining sets, Ill discount.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Huh? We have slotted/coated rotors right now for $279 SHIPPED front AND rear pairs.

http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=L&Category_Code=LGTSpecial

If you really want the slotted AND drilled, PM me. In the interest of ridding myself with my remaining sets, Ill discount.

$279 is a good price if it included some pads.. I don't need HAWK HPS pads, but I do need some pads.. It doesn't make sense to order from two different places.

http://www.drt-sport.com/

Great prices and quality

Just ordered a set of front and rears. They also have lots of options for rotors from plain jane to premium powder coated cross drilled and slotted.

Are their prices for singles, or pairs of rotors? Hard to tell from their site..

Are their prices for singles, or pairs of rotors? Hard to tell from their site..

Its for a pair, not sure why they arent labeled clearly. They can also do plain, sloted, cross drilled, or cross drill + slotted. If you dont see them listed, send them an e-mail and they should be able to do it.

I ordered the premium rotors, they are fully machined and powder coated on both sides.

I'll do a review after i install them.

$279 is a good price if it included some pads.. I don't need HAWK HPS pads, but I do need some pads.. It doesn't make sense to order from two different places.

I can get you generic pads for $70 more front and rear if you want. Other than that, you could try the other link posted, but with shipping, our rotors are cheaper.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

those are great made by stoptech. way better cooling and design than oem

It's the other way around. Centric owns the Stoptech brand and makes their products.

Also - Centric rotors are made as close as possible to exactly like the OEM rotor.

• 1 month later...

After getting some positive reviews I went with the brakes from my Ebay posting on the first page.

They are drilled and slotted, I also upgraded to the ceramic brake pads for the extra $30. The drilling and slotting is directional, they did not drill into the vent fins either. The brake pads were omni brand, but the car stops much better now. Overall I say they work break, no shaking, no weird noises. Overall i'd say worth the money if you looking for inexpensive brakes.

It has come time to replace my stock rotors and pads...

I am looking for something inexpensive..

I really don't wanna pay more than $250 for a set of F+R pad's and rotors...

Nope. You could go to Midas and get their discount brakes -- but good luck hauling the pig of a car from 100 - 0 ever again.

that was completely ignorant. I got a set of FR Pads and rotors for $250 (220+30) and I stop just fine. I'd say I stop at least 5 times better than stock. Although not a fair comparison because my braks pads were in comparison to a piece of cardboard in thickness when removed.

Archived