LegacyGT.com

Inches & inches...

Of snow falls,however my car consistently has substantially more snow on my roof,hood,and all other parts of my car than anyone else in the lot.

I have a knowledge of science and have been hard pressed to find an answer.I thought could smoking have any effect,that theory was discarded almost immediately.

I do believe I found an answer to it.I use a wax called Nu Finish,a once a year car wax or so they say.Im convinced this is the culprit.I spoke with a friend who drives a KIA,who also uses that same wax and he said the same thing.....

Hard to believe a wax could become a snow magnet but it's true.

Would be anxious to hear from anyone who uses that product and could confirm what I already know.

I think the 06 B only came in titanium silver.

I am serious about the snow.The difference in the cars as I write this (snowing) is more than noticeable.

Nu Finish is an excellent wax,only mother's is better,but removing it,,,,,is a bitch.

If I might be so bold as to finish that thought....

have to do with 4th generation Legacy's ......

Well now..we are all car enthusiasts here and I thought this was a somewhat unique topic.Granted if you live in Florida or Texas ,or any other state below the mason Dixon line this topic demands your attention as a number 9 calf whose mother has 8 teats.

My story is true,it's relevant here....there and everyplace in between...

Well think this:

Parking lot temperature is probably much warmer than your car. Amount of snow that fallen on parking lot melts at first, and when parking lot reaches freezing temperature it begin to accumulate snow.

Your car made of thin metal, cools down real quick, so snow does not melt, so build up on the car starts almost immediately. Therefore you see a difference in amount of snow.

That is my explanation to it

• I Donated Too

I have a knowledge of science and have been hard pressed to find an answer.I thought could smoking have any effect,that theory was discarded almost immediately.

I do believe I found an answer to it.I use a wax called Nu Finish,a once a year car wax or so they say.Im convinced this is the culprit.I spoke with a friend who drives a KIA,who also uses that same wax and he said the same thing.....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-boOTs_T5vfI/UJCAC6EINEI/AAAAAAAABuw/kSUvMpfBYTE/s1600/thats-broscience-you-jackwagon.jpg

Ok, I'll play. Maybe your car was driven and parked well before the other cars, leaving it relatively colder, not melting the initial layer and accumulating more snow.

Then again, maybe it is the same snow accumulation and it only looks higher.

its because your car is not yellow....yellow is proven to be the fastest color in accordance to myth busters. The proper shade of yellow would allow for less friction, ultimately resulting in the first few flakes sliding off. this would directly relate to the snow height accumulated on your car. I suggest repainting the car

I have a knowledge of science and have been hard pressed to find an answer.

You may have a knowledge of science, but you don't seem to know that there is a difference between a wax and a polish.

Nu Finish is an excellent wax,only mother's is better,but removing it,,,,,is a bitch.

That is because it is a polish, not a wax.

At any rate, the polish is exactly why you have more snow on your car than the other plebeians. After all, you use NuFinish and, well, that alone is reason enough for all kinds of things to be attracted to you and the things you own. Let me guess, you find more lint on your clothes than you co-workers too, am I right? Your pets, more dander? Your smartphone, more smudges?

I feel ya bro.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Let me introduce myself,,I'm a man of wealth & fame.I speak not,With forked tongue.

I do not own a camera which will facilitate pictures.Its a 35 mm Topcon RE Super,bought in Saigon,two lifetimes ago.I own a I Pad,and a toshiba,not connected to the net,,,it's only used for flying model helicopters/Planes.

I also park in an open lot,subject to natures peculararities.I take an open hit.

I'm still waiting for at least one person,who uses that NuFinish Polish/ wax

It would make my day,,,,,,if one,just one would confirm this story.

I stand by all I said....until proven other wise!

This thread is funny. People use Nu-Finish on their satellite dishes and bicycles to help PREVENT snow from building up.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived