LegacyGT.com

another 5eat 2-3 shift

nimrod685

Alright been having this problem for a while now. Cars at 55k, just did a tranny flush (not reverse flush) so 100% clean fluid. Car seems to slip from 2-3 after keeping it in 2nd around 40 mph then flooring it. Doesnt happen when accelerating linearly through the gears, only when holding mid 2nd gear. Seems to be only when im stg1 cobb ots. Tried their lwd map in case I was overboosting but never checked if I was. Though it went away after that but now it's back. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My car is at 58,5XX right now and doing the exact same thing. Like you I am running the Cobb stage one tune and feeling a slip between 2nd and 3rd. It's like the engine is going in neutral for a second then slamming into 3rd and going. I have suspected over boosting as well and ran a few log and am not. I am almost sure I felt this prior to the Cobb map but am going to flash it back to stock to find out.

Either 2nd or 3rd and just like you if I go from 1st it pulls all the way through without hesitation. It is possible it’s just the way this transmission is when it downshifts after WOT so it doesn’t have as much shock on the synchros or whatever part is moving. <-- Complete guess. I am taking it to Subaru dealer for a TCM flash on Tuesday because I have the hard shift that is common between 2nd and 3rd gear. Hopefully that will take care of both situations but I am not optimistic it will. I will let you know the results after I am done.

Sorry to disappoint you but I changed the plugs and ran a compression test that ended up taking way longer than I expected. Hopefully they can get me in this Saturday for the TCU flash.

I mentioned this problem to my "tranny guy" he said its a common issue. Something about valves on the bands that can be tighted.

I'm not into to automatics. Contact Climber D, PM him and see what he thinks. He's the expert here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yea I was talking to him. He kinda thinks the tranny could be bad or not. I talked to cobb to see if it could be the tune and they said no.. could be the strain on the tranny from the tune.. but im not convinced. I think it would happen all the time if it was the tranny, but its fine most of the time

I've been having a similar issue. 07 LGT, 5EAT.

Manual mode in S or S#, WOT in 2nd, I'll get to around 3500 - 4000 RPM's and the car upshifts to 3rd. There have been times where it upshifts around 5000 or so, right when I'm shifting and it jumps to 4th.

Nothing else feels odd. But once it upshifts, the RPM's drop to ~2500 so I'm at a loss for power at that point.

I need to take it to the dealer to look at and replicate.

I was having this issue too.... but then yesterday in 3,4,5 gear I have get zeroooo power :-( 2nd still seems fine, and it feels like the gears are engaging. but beyond that it just revs now. fck. i'm hoping torque converter took a shit on me, but I have a bad feeling its the trans itself.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm having this issue too. This happens to me when I'm just driving normal, at a decent throttle position, either if I shift myself or let it do it automatically, it shifts hard from 2nd to 3rd. WOT it does not do this though, it will shift right on through like normal, as far as I can tell. I already reflashed the tsb TCU reflash but that was before my protune. I'm wondering if the protune may have confused the learning curve? Not sure but not very happy that she isn't shifting smoothly for the 2nd time.

I mentioned this problem to my "tranny guy" he said its a common issue. Something about valves on the bands that can be tighted.

I'm not into to automatics. Contact Climber D, PM him and see what he thinks. He's the expert here.

5 eats dont have any bands

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I was having this issue too.... but then yesterday in 3,4,5 gear I have get zeroooo power :-( 2nd still seems fine, and it feels like the gears are engaging. but beyond that it just revs now. fck. i'm hoping torque converter took a shit on me, but I have a bad feeling its the trans itself.

i had this problem and it actually was an axle halfshaft that popped out

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived