LegacyGT.com

A New Legacy Sighting is like a myth

With over 4500 members on this board that possibly have a new Legacy, I see maybe just 1 new Legacy once a month at the most and even that is a random guy who doesnt even know I am waving to him because we have the same car.. I am beginning to think that it's an Urban Legend to see the new Legacy on the road :(

Am I the only one that thinks this?

Keefe

Keefe

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can refute the myth-barely. In the 3 months of owning my LGT wagon I have spotted only one Legacy GT sedan and two wagons. Most ironic is that the wagons are in my home town and are also Garnet Red. Go figger...

I live in a town where there are a ton of boy-racer WRX's, but I have seen a whopping 1 other '05 GT on the road.

That is a big reason why I bought one. I like the uniqueness of it.

In my town the 3-Series and TSX are two cars that you can't go 10 seconds without seeing driving down the street. People shopping for a $40K (Canadian) car usually migrate to these two. I figure in the US cities, with the population difference, there would be way more sightings?

I was hoping that they would sell better to the public now since the new hp bump from 165 hp to 250 hp.. I mean, the new GT is a pretty large step up from the last generation for the US. I really think it's a shame that I dont see more new Legacys on the road.. I live in an area where it's very popluated and I drive around a lot. I only see like 1 or 2 a month at the most.. I just feel like there's a huge void from what Subaru sales shows vs. what's on the road.

Keefe

Keefe

11k legacys and outbacks sold in feb and only 2500ish imprezas.... yet I see the same thing Keefe, lots of Imprezas... good number of outback, and rarely ever a legacy (esp sedan).

Yeah, I've seen two sedans (silver,blue) in my 4 months of travel in it! I see the outback/imprezas all the time...maybe one eveyother day...

I dont' mind though...I like anonimity, and people say to me, awesome car you never see them. Even coming home from ski'n in ME the guy at the toll both gave me props on the car...he wouldn't let me drive away..people were honk'n and everything.....I felt like toll booth wille was attacking me.......

Yeah, I've seen two sedans (silver,blue) in my 4 months of travel in it! .

The silver one could be me! I work in Billerica, so i am in MA all the time. While i agree there aren't too many on the road on a daily basis, yesterday was like a carnival for me. I saw like 5 legacys on the way home from work. 3 GT's too! Slowly they are starting to pop up. However, there was a good 3 month chunk when i got mine in August that i didn't see any.

The silver one could be me! I work in Billerica, so i am in MA all the time. While i agree there aren't too many on the road on a daily basis, yesterday was like a carnival for me. I saw like 5 legacys on the way home from work. 3 GT's too! Slowly they are starting to pop up. However, there was a good 3 month chunk when i got mine in August that i didn't see any.

It prob was...I was getting off route 3 when I saw you (poss) of the corner of my eye....5 on one trip...... that's def the record for most seen in a day :D

i see outbacks and wagons all the time here in vermont but never sedans. i was driving in Burlington yesterday and spotted a black gt in a driveway from mass. so i love it becuse they must spot my hot garnet red ...yea boiiii

Running the risk of repeating myself as nauseum; Chicago / Northern Illinois has a large if not the largest share of members here - as far as I could tell in the past 5 months of being here -. Yet at the Legacy meetings it is just the same 4 horsemen coming; and over the time...there were another 4 people showing up.

And definitely, I have seen FEWER Legacys on the street than LGT members claiming to own the said car. Chicago fits the demographics of Subaru drivers, younger, less conservative, outdoor oriented but I can only see Imprezas, older gen Outbacks and Foresters galore.

I bought my Legacy GT LTD. in Dec. . I purchased it not from the dealer in my town but and hour up the road ( they had the one I wanted). Now sometimes I drive the Sub. lot here in town and all the sedans are shoved to the back of the lot while the wagons are given showcase spots. I actually called the dealer and told sales manager they needed to put them where people can see them! No wonder I see no other ones around here . I live in Roanoke, Va.

Yeah, most of the Subarus that are up here in New England, but the new LGT is hard to spot and almost as hard are the BD5 GT like mine. Most people up here like subastyle said have wagons and outbacks or drive the basic L model sedan. I never complain because it makes me feel like i have a rare car and that people are missing out on a seriously fun car (even though my BD5 only makes about 185 hp right now).

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

I like the uniqueness of it.

Major reason I bought my GTL, because no one else had one... Well, at least you don't see them in my area. For the most part, the only ones I know of in my state are the peeps on these forums, which I have yet to see them. :lol:

Here in the south, they just don't have many Subarus to begin with. I've been seeing quite a few Outbacks and Foresters, though. I've owned my car since September, and I've seen...3 new Legacys. Legacies? Legaci?

We're all liars! We dont have Legacys, the ones we all see on the road are just Camrys rebadged to look like a Subaru :lol:

I swear, with those numbers at 11,000 sold; 4,500 members on board; and barely seen on the road.. I think it's just a myth, there is no such thing as a Legacy. :p

Keefe

Keefe

Here's an idea, organize a road trip in your area! Get a buch of Legacy owners together, go on a road trip, caravan style. I am sure that will get a lot of attention. It's like those times when the bikers get together on a Saturday/Sunday morning and go for a cruise. I have seen Corvettes on the beltway here (DC/MD/VA)like that. They get a lot of attention. Makes folks take a look at a bunch of them together. In the Audi Club, they have a few of those and there are folks that just get together to plan a cruise on a weekend.

That way, you will see a lot at one gathering and show off our cars to the non-owners. Just an idea, what do you all think?

Keefe - thanks for starting this thread. Glad to know I'm not the only Legacy driver that's puzzled over the virtual exclusivity of driving it. I feel that I pay close attention to the types of vehicles around me at all times. Since I bought my Legacy six months ago, I've spotted a grand total of 2 different Legacies, both sedans. I have yet to see a Legacy wagon on the road. I do see quite a few more of the new style Outbacks. My neighbor just bought one.

While I greatly enjoy the uniqueness of the Legacy and the frequency that other drivers will stare at it just to figure out what it is, I frankly don't get it. The Legacy is such a better car than the Camry, Accord, Altima, Jetta, etc. etc. but you see a dozen of each of these at every traffic stop. It seems that Subaru just can't get the message out or something.

I know what they should do, sponsor a movie role for the new Legacy and SUV models. A little Hollywood promotion would bring new buyers in by the droves.

I can count on one hand how many Legacy's I've seen since they came out. That was one of the main reasons I bought one. I see a TSX at least every other day and that's not counting the two in the parking lot at work. The fact that the Legacy seemed more rare really pulled me away from the TSX idea. Well, that and AWD and Turbo. ;) Still, I like being part of an exclusive ownership club. At least that is how owning a Legacy feels for me. Perhaps if I saw more of them out on the road it wouldn't be like that, but everytime I walk out of a store I can see someone rubber necking as they walk by my car in the parking lot trying to figure out what it is.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived