LegacyGT.com

Green spots being left behind

So I'm pretty positive I know what you're all going to say but I figured I'd reach out and see if anyone had similar issues. 08 Legacy GT , I was driving in some really deep snow today and noticed a spot trail on my way into work. Kind of pale green fluid. I'm presuming it's a leak I didn't see before the snow. Haven't really smelled any anti freeze when I popped the hood. Any insight would help, also if something like that would be covered under my Subaru CPO warranty? Thanks all. I can take pictures when I go out to check it on my lunch break.

could be a cracked radiator, or something as simple as a clamp that needs tightening. not gonna know til you get in there and inspect.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

If it's light green it's coolant. Depending on where it's coming from it could be as simple as a loose hose clamp. My lower radiator hose tends to leak a bit on the radiator side, but not really bad enough to worry about. You probably won't smell it if it's just a small leak.

If you have a means up looking under the front of the car you can try to track it down yourself. At the very least you can take a clear towel and wipe around all the coolant hose connections towards the front of the engine.

I had that happen few months ago, I had backed up in deep snow and the undertray scooped up snow. I think it melted and washed out old antifreeze spills, because after that day of drips in snow I couldnt recreate drips to locate a source and havent noticed a fluid drop.

I had that happen few months ago, I had backed up in deep snow and the undertray scooped up snow. I think it melted and washed out old antifreeze spills, because after that day of drips in snow I couldnt recreate drips to locate a source and havent noticed a fluid drop.

Interesting timing on this topic...I was pulling into the garage today and also noticed some pale green dots in the snow. Wasn't sure what it could be until I read this post. Just before I noticed it, I had backed into the driveway over a huge mound of plow snow. I'm guessing what you described here is what happened to me as well...I'm going to keep an eye on it though, but good to know this could be the cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived