LegacyGT.com

What would the implications be of removing the underbody tray?

I've got to do some maintenance on my car this weekend that will necessitate the removal of the underbody tray. How necessary is it to reinstall it? I've got the racerx FMIC, so the tray has already had to trimmed some in a couple of places. And I'm lazy so I'd rather not have to be bothered with getting it back into place. Anyone else running without one?

I do not have one on my car, it won't fit with the Moroso oil pan. Not going to have any problems other than a little more dust or road spray making things a little dirtier.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

For the few minutes to put it back on, I would. I've been forced in traffic to straddle over junk in the road like chunks of tire and boards. You're a lot better off having that stuff deflect off of a piece of plastic that doesn't cost much to replace than rip up your undercarriage.

It's cheap insurance and what, five bolts?

Implications... I know My wife bitched at me weekly about the darn under-tray not being on... So finally I put it on(after the Koni's and springs). Now, 2 months later, I am going to do the timing belt/pulleys/WP and the rusted coolant hose, so off it comes again... Maybe if I get rid of it real quick....Get the Aluminum one!!

Mac

Archived